chapter 17

Baekhyun was leaning towards the side mirror of an expensive race car and looking at his reflection. He slowly raised his hands and fixed his slicked back black hair. His head slightly tilted to the side, he pushed the yellow round sunglasses higher up his nose and smirked at his reflection. I watched him adjust the long leopard printed fake fur coat that was hanging on his shoulders and check if the golden chains on his neck were as shiny as before.

'' You are enjoying this way too much, '' I muttered and rolled my eyes. I was standing next to him with my arms crossed on my chest and looking way too plain. My leopard printed dress purposely clashed with his outfit and some of my long dark hair was tied in to a high ponytail that was giving me a headache.

Baekhyun looked at me and smirked widely. '' I don't even have to try this time. Acting like I'm above everyone and look at them with disgust is just what I do on a daily basis. ''

I scowled, pushed him away from the car mirror and leaned towards it instead. I started putting on my red lipstick and quietly mumbled: '' You do realise that we are the ones doing this just because they don't really care if something happens to us or we get killed. ''

Baekhyun looked around and replied: '' Yes, but it is still a lot more fun than sitting in that warehouse and flipping through folders or looking at a computer screen... Are you done? Why are you even putting on lipstick that precisely? I don't even like red lipstick. ''

I turned towards him, puckered my lips and seriously said: '' I'm going to put on an extra layer just because of that. ''

Baekhyun's gaze moved towards my lips and his eyes shined. '' I changed my mind. I think I like it now. We are still leaving. It's getting late and I already used most of our time to get ready by looking in the mirror. We have work to do. Now remember that part of the job is you pretending to be my girl, so you better hold my arm like there is no tomorrow. ''

He swung his arm around my shoulder and lead me away from the alleyway. I sighed, told myself not to enjoy this, because we were working and it wasn't real and held on to him. After taking another deep breath I even managed to put on a smile, then we turned around a corner, walked down a busy street and made our way towards the flashing coloured lights above the entrance of a popular club in Seoul.

It was Junmyeon who got this idea. Him and Chanyeol went to speak with the friends of the girl who got strangled at her private academy and they told them some very interesting things. She was a surprisingly quiet person, who liked to keep to herself, but in her free time she liked to go to one of the most eccentric and famous clubs in the city. They told them how she hung out with all kinds of strange people here, so the prosecutor came to the conclusion that somebody had to come check it out.

We were all sitting around the table at the warehouse, I was looking away and hoping that I wasn't going to get chosen for the job. He put down a small device that I didn't recognise, put ten sugar cubes in his coffee and I knew what was going to happen before he even opened his mouth. He used the excuse of Baekhyun and I being the youngest ones in the group and saying that it will be the easiest for us to fit in the crowd and the two of us had no choice but to go.

That was how Baekhyun and I found ourselves inside Sound. I was certain that I was going to hate it, but one look around was enough for me to realise that I would probably be here every weekend if I would discover it in my teenage years. The club had colourful mosaics covering the walls, bright flashing lights and dancers in extravagant costumes. The bartenders were all wearing large hats covered with stars and there were wings made of metal on the wall behind the mixing table of the DJ. Most people were wearing even stranger clothing than Baekhyun and I and the two of us fit right in when we made our way towards the bar.