chapter 20

I was passing notes and having the time of my life pretending to be a high school kid. I thought I was going to hate this mission, but it turned out to be very fun and I found myself imagining to really be living this life. I never got to experience the simple joys of going to school, making friends with classmates or annoying the teachers and I didn't even realise how much I missed until now. At the age of these kids I just got thrown in to a prison cell where I was supposed to meet my end. Hopes for a good future already slipped through my fingertips a long time ago, but that was the lowest point of my life and I felt like destiny made a cross over me and my dreams of ever becoming anything or anyone at all.

'' Hari, why don't you go to the principal? '' Sunmi suddenly asked and made me stop the conversation that I was having with a girl that was sitting at the desk in front of mine. I raised my gaze and looked towards her. I was already about to complain like a true high school student, but she crossed her arms on her chest and hissed before I could say anything: '' Because I said so. Also, your uniform is breaking all kinds of dress code. ''

I pouted and looked down. The white blouse that was part of the school uniform was stretching across my chest and I barely barely managed to button it earlier. My checkered skirt was very short and showing a noticeable part of my tights. I was also wearing black knee socks just like the other girls and my dark brown hair was falling on my back. I had to admit that I did look a little questionable, but it was definitely not my fault. Junmyeon was the one who went to speak with the principal of the private school earlier and he was the one who came back with a uniform that was clearly way too small for me. I had my suspicions about him doing it on purpose, but there was no way I could prove it. I only saw Baekhyun passing him some money after he handed me the uniform and high-fiving him.

Kyungsoo, who was walking between the desks of the clearly bored students and demonstrating different types of bandages suddenly went right past me. I winced when he unnoticeably kicked me and gestured towards the empty desk of Minho's ex girlfriend. We were supposed to get her to confess to her crimes and I didn't even notice that she left the classroom. She was completely horrified when she saw me sitting at one of the desks earlier, but she didn't say anything. Then Sunmi walked in the room and she flinched before the former soldier for hire introduced herself as a temporary replacement for her teacher. She got scared for a moment, but she visibly calmed down after she heard that. The corner of my mouth was twitching up in amusement when I saw her panic once again after Sunmi casually added that she was working as a replacement because their former teacher ended in the hospital after getting strangled. It was a lie, but the girl didn't know that. Her hands began trembling and her tired eyes were frantically looking left and right around the room.

'' She left to go to the bathroom about fifteen minutes ago. Find out where she is, '' Sunmi quietly hissed when I walked past her. I shot her a fake smile and walked out of the classroom. I was running up and down the hallways and trying to find the girl, but there was no sign of her. All of the bathrooms in the building were empty and I wondered if she perhaps left the school, when I suddenly passed an opened window and heard screaming.

'' I'm not going to jail! I will kill myself rather than go to jail! ''

I stopped running and slowly walked towards the opened window. The wind blew through my hair when I peeked outside and saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They were standing on the ground and waving their hands around. Then I slowly gazed up and my eyes instantly grew wide with shock at the sight of Minho's ex girlfriend. She was standing on the other side of the fence that was surrounding the school's rooftop and threatening to jump.

I turned around and took off running. She was holding on to the fence, screaming at Chanyeol and Baekhyun and I wanted to sneak up on her without her noticing when I managed to get on the rooftop, but she suddenly looked over her shoulder. She gasped at the sight of me, only a few meters behind her and I froze on the spot. Then she pointed at me and yelled: '' Don't get any closer or I will let go! I swear I will! ''