Daryl x Skye (Just go!)

Sad story.. Character death after confessing.

~~~~~~

         Life in the apocalypse was going pretty well for the most part. The group Skye was apart of found a nice town and has made sanctuary there for about a year and a half now. Skye loved her group that she survived with, but she really loved ONE person in that group.. More than anyone else. Daryl Dixon. He caught her eye when she showed up at the prison. He would check up on her, not out of his will, but after an argument of Rick forcing him to check on her. It was obvious to Skye that Daryl probably hated her, because she always wanted to be close to Daryl and talk to him when he tries to avoid her. Today was going to be a busy, tiring day. Skye, Daryl, Tara, and Glenn were going on a supply run at noon. She was packing a small backpack with some food and water for the trip today, needed to stay hydrated thanks to the wonderful Georgia summer heat. Skye saw Daryl walk up from the corner of her eye, grunting to let her know he was ready and that it was time to go? "Ye' ready, girl?" His raspy voice husked at her, slightly irritated as always. "Yeah.. I guess so. Let's get this show on the road." Daryl nodded as she started to walk and he stayed somewhat close behind her. The four of them got into the car, Daryl was driving, and Skye was sitting in the backseat with Tara. They drove until a small town was visible, somewhere they haven't scavenged yet. Skye let out a sigh and got out of the car, telling Daryl she was going to check the small food mart first. He nodded and let her go on her way, typical. She walked through the quiet store. No sounds or signs of any walkers in here. She grabbed her machete and clanged it against a metal rack to create some noise in case there is walkers in here. Nothing. She grabbed what she could fit in her backpack, thankful that she left her food in the car, but not the water. She walked back out of the store and found Daryl looking at medicine. "Hey, Dixon." His response was a grunt. She packed some medicine in her bag and they both her a giant crash. Skye unsheathed her weapon and turned in that direction, Daryl set his hand on her chest, not caring that he had to touch her breasts by accident. She tensed and didn't fight against him. A few seconds later of standing in silence, walkers came around the corner. Skye's eyes widened and she didn't hesitate to start attacking them. Daryl fired his crossbow and stabbed the walkers he could without getting too close to Skye because he didn't want to accidentally shoot her with a bolt. "There's too many of em, Skye! We gotta get back to the car and get the hell outta here!!" Skye looked at Daryl, taking a few steps back towards the door, seeing more walkers spilling into the building. Daryl, started running towards the door. Now was her chance, when no one was around. She could do it. She grabbed his arm tightly, "Daryl, wait!!" He spun around and looked at her with shock and slight anger. "The hell ya doin' girl?! Yer gon' get us killed in here!!" She ignored him and slammed her lips against his. Daryl tensed in shock but kissed back, he pushed her to the closest wall and pulled away, only to kiss her again. "You know I've loved ye for a while, Skye. Thank you for that, but we gotta go..NOW!!" She nodded and ran out of the building with Daryl, her hand in Daryl's. They ran and turned a corner. More walkers. They turned around and Skye's shirt snagged onto something. She screamed when her hand lost contact with Daryl's and she tried to free herself quickly. Daryl quickly turned around and fumbled to get her free, but her shirt was tangled on the sharp object and the walkers were getting closer by the second. She locked eyes with Daryl and kissed him lustfully once more. "Go..." His eyes widened. "What?! Are ye fucking joking!? I just gotcha as my own and you're tellin' me to go?! I ain't leaving without ye', Skye!!!" Skye's eyes filled with tears and she watched as Daryl's eyes did the same. "Daryl, they need you!! You can't die! Not today..." Anger burned in his eyes. He didn't want to lose her. "You ain't dying today either, Skye! I need ye'!!! You're all I have!" She began to cry, looked behind her and saw the walkers were a few feet away from her. She stared wide eyed at Daryl. "Daryl, just go!!" She shoved him away and saw Glenn pull Daryl, "We gotta go, Daryl." Skye started shooting at the walkers, her shirt tore more and she landed on her back as the walkers fell on top of her. She felt their teeth and nails dig into her skin and she screamed out in pain. Daryl spun around at the sound of her scream and saw the walkers tearing her open. His heart wrenched and broke. Tears left his eyes and anger brewed inside of him. He stormed back to the car and waited for Glenn and Tara to get in. He drove back to Alexandria, angry and heartbroken, white knuckling the steering wheel as he looked back at the empty seat in the back, that Skye was sitting in only hours ago. He loved her, and now she's gone. Died right in front of him. This is why he doesn't allow himself to get close to anyone.. Daryl was alone again.

         For the rest of the day, her screams and cries of pain haunted him, and ran through his head. The image of her being torn to pieces replayed in his head. He laid in his bed and began to cry. The brightness and happiness she brought to the group was gone. The happiness she brought into his life. Was gone too.