CHAPTER IX

"The famous detective duo of Twytch and Owens. I must say, you two make a splendid addition! And Owens, I've had a thing for you for awhile. It's going to be so much fun to 'deflower' you! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
"Daniel, for the love of God man stop this!"
"Wyatt I'm sick of your whining! So let fit this gag in, now! No more whining! As for you, Joan. I'm going to take extra pleasure in f..."
He doesn't get to finish as Joan spits in his face. She's the toughest detective on the entire force! But now he's really pissed!
"Whore! Just for that you get to see this!"
He pulls his gun out and turns to Twytch, aiming at his rotund belly!
[KABLAMM!]
Daniel kicks Twytchs chair over, blood oozing from the gunshot!
"Who's next, Joan? Hmm? Your spittle cost your chunky co-worker to die! I'm ready for a little action, know what I mean, Owens?"
He grabs the back of her chair dragging her down into the basement. She tries screaming, but he's gagged her mouth! I slowly move my free hand in front of me working on the tape. Joan grunts at me, her eyes pointing to Twytchs shoulder holster, and his nine millimeter! Finally loosening my legs, I try to stand, but I haven't had my medicines in two days, and they just won't work. I go down on my knees, and crawl over to Twytch, getting his gun. I turn to Joan, but I hear Daniel laughing so he's finished raping Owens! I try to get up again, but my legs just won't let me yet. I watch the basement door, and as I see his hunting boot come out behind, I take a shot! Damn I missed!
"Joan? How did you get loose? Must say I thought you were a better shot than that! Tell you what. You put the gun down, and I will be gentle with you. What do you say, Joan?"
His remarks enrage me and i pop off three more at the door, hoping to kill him! He then rolls across the floor, stopping on his stomach and firing twice at me!
"Wyatt? Well I am very surprised. Didn't think you had the killer instinct, buddy!"
"I'm not your damned buddy, Daniel! But I don't want to kill you! Give up, they'll put you in a place where you can get help!"
"Boy, you are dumb, Wyatt! They'll put me on death row, and I'll live to a ripe old age!"
I look at Joan, and her eyes are trying to tell me something, but what? I look around, and see over him is the chandelier! I carefully aim and squeeze the trigger! He's seen what I was looking at, and narrowly rolls out of the way! I move to Joan, trying to free her while keeping the gun pointed at him.
"Wyatt, I'm going to gut you and feed your entrails to Joan!"
I'm concentrating on the tape, and he gets right next to Joan, putting the barrel against her eye!
"Drop it, Wyatt. Or I paint your kitchen with her brains! Drop it I said!"
Reluctantly, I do as told. He backhands me, and beats me severely!
"Now, Joan. Where were we? I think you and I should play a game. How about it?"
I can barely see, but he unloosens her legs, and stands her up, pressing her body against him.
"Oh yeah. This is going to be so much fun. Tell me, is my musky scent driving your juices, babe?"
Just then, there's a couple of noises coming from the basement. He sets her back in the chair, and goes back down into the basement. Soon there's a couple screams.
"Joan, come here, I'll untie your hands." I say weakly. Oh God, he's back in the kitchen. He grabs Joan, throwing her on the floor, and jumps on top of her!
"You'll enjoy this. You are so lucky that you're beautiful, otherwise I'd have gutted you already!"
He pulls his pants down, spreads Joan's legs, then a loud gunshot in my ear!
"Twytch! Your alive?" I say, incredulously. After grazing Daniel in the shoulder, he collapses! Daniel gets up off Joan, walks over to Twytchs body, and pumps two more slugs in his broad back!
"Now back to play time... Joan?"
I look over at Joan, just as her backup .38 fires twice, hitting Daniel in his left arm! He falls, cursing in pain! I finally get to my feet, and waddle over to Joan, helping her up.
"Daniel, you're under arrest! Wyatt, watch him while I my hand cuffs!"
Three hours later, the EMTs have checked us both, Owens is headed to Mercy General and Daniel is heading to St. John's hospital first, then prison. So sad.
"Joan, I for one am so very glad you chose to be a police woman!"
"Me too, baby. Me too. C'mon, let's go to bed."