chapter three

Now that I think of it, I find it odd that Johnny didn't do more than just a punch. Usually he would go all his way to see me suffer. What really couldn't leave my mind though is the sudden nosebleed and once I set foot inside the clinic, the nurse knew how much of a mess I am.

She said I need to rest both of my feet so I can't go to school tomorrow. I'm kinda happy that I won't go to school tomorrow because I don't want to make a show in front of everyone but bad at the same time because my mom or should I call stepmom is gonna kill me. She reported my issue to the principal and he understood my situation well.

Mr Johnson said I can leave the rest of the day of school and go home but I don't have a car. I was about to call Maddie but I realized she is still in classes and I can't call my stepmom cause she'll kill me. I drop my phone and looked at the principal.

"How can I go home? I don't have a car."

"Call your mom, ms Ziegler," he suggested as he continued to type on the computer.

"She's at work." I wish he knew how much trouble I'll get into if I disturb her during work hours.

He picked up the telephone and start dialing a number. After a few minutes of the call he looked at me. "One of the students will bring you home." He informed me then headed out of the office, saying he needs to take care of some other important business.

That sounded like good news. As I waited for that student quietly and when I heard the door opening and closing again, I spun my body around and I wish I could pinch myself right now.

"I'm here. let's take you home," he said.

My jaw was hanging open, out of all the people he had to call johnny. I didn't want to face him, not what after happened a few hours ago. At the same time, I didn't have much of a choice. I nodded and tried to stand up but it only resulted in me dropping back to the chair and of course he had to laugh.

"Now, may I help you?"

I muttered a small yes then he swooped me off my feet and carries me in his arms which made my heart leaped too quickly. I wasn't really expecting that but holy shit I might crush him with my fats.

We made it to the parking lot where his car stood in display and I leaned forward, opened the back door, and jumped right in and he handed my backpack over and made it to the driver's seat. His car smelled so good and it looked even better on the inside.

"So Mackenzie," He started the ignition and put on his seatbelt and so I did the same. "Do you walk home or does Maddie drive you to school?"

"I walk."

"Why?"

"Good exercise."

He nodded and started driving. Neither of us said a word because really, we have nothing to say. I've been alone with johnny for too long today and it's scaring me. I wanted to be myself around him, but will he think I'm weird? I caught his eye on the rearview mirror but I quickly looked away.

Out of nowhere, I began to hum a few lyrics from Juan Ortiz and that seemed to catch his attention then he asked, "you know Juan Ortiz?"

"Yeah he's my idol. I really like his songs. You know him too?"

He shrugged and made a turn, "Something like that." I could hear the smile in his voice and it made me slightly smile too.

We finally arrived at my house and I looked at it for one second and sigh loudly. I hear the driver's door shut close and I wait for johnny, opening the door, he carried me back in his arms and grabbed my backpack and brought me over to my front door.