chapter thirty

DT/ briianna- tysm for liking and commenting, it made my day literally.
NOTE/ three more chapters. this is an extra long one, you're welcome ;)

"Now this is not what I expected."

John and I quickly shot up from the bed to see Maddie standing in front of us with her suitcases with her and a smile on her face. And the next thing I knew, I was getting out of the covers and attacked her with a bear hug.

"Oh my god Maddie! I missed you." I said, snuggling her into the hug.

"Missed you too Kenz."

She was completely covered up in her clothes since it was cold in the airport but I did not expect her to come right now. After we pulled away from each other she quickly averted her eyes to Johnny and she pointed her finger at him, "You, Mister Orlando have a lot of explaining to do."

He saluted her and got out of the bed to give her a quick hug. "So, did you guys do anything on my bed?" She asked, eyeing both of us suspiciously.

"We were about to have sex-" I jabbed him with my elbow. "But we didn't." He added and gave me a side glance with a wink.

She just looked at us bewildered. "What he means is that we just hung out on your bed and might have fallen asleep and trust me, we didn't do anything." I clarified.

She awkwardly nodded and John cleared his throat to ease the tension. "I'm going to see if there anything to eat if you don't mind." He excused himself and exited the room, leaving Maddie and me alone, and before any of us could say anything I got a message from my phone.

I walked over the nightstand and see that it was from Dr Bennet. My fingers quickly tapped on the message and my eyes read it as fast as it could.

iMessage from Dr. Ben
I have scheduled a meeting with you later this afternoon. It's important. I hope you could come, feel free to bring any of your relatives so we could discuss a few objectives regarding your cancer and disease.

My body radiated in fear. It's important. If this is the end for me, let's just say that wouldn't be so surprising but what does Dr Bennet have to say that it's very important? I lost track of how many months I have left or it could be days or minutes or hours. How will I see myself in ten years, to become an artist or something which will never come true? I haven't even told Johnny yet. I look back at my phone and type back a reply.

Me
i've got time doc. is it rly important?

iMessage from Dr. Ben
I will inform you when we meet.

I shut my phone and clutched it hard against my chest. My whole body starts to tremble and goosebumps ran along my skin. My mouth was partly opened due to me still scared of what is about to happen. It didn't take long for me to realize that I am already starting to rot. My whole body system is starting to malfunction.

I can feel my entire system slowly shutting down inside me and they patiently wait for me to be ready to let go which I wasn't equipped for yet. If I ever let go I can already imagine the hatred look on John's face for me not telling him. That's the only reason I have to why I didn't tell him, it'd pretty clear that he will leave me.