ix

"Minnie?"

Minseok puts his head into his hands and groans. "What do you want me to say?"

"The truth."

The older leans against Jongdae and blows out air. "If I said yes, what would you do?"

"What could I do? I'd just accept it and move on, I guess." But looking at his crush, Jongdae knew that he'd never be able fully move on.

"And what if I said no?"

"Then I'd have a hard time believing you." Jongdae cracks a small grin.

"Why?"

"Because, I don't think you'd be so hesitant to deliver good news."

Minseok blinks once. "I don't regret inviting you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't."

"Don't tell me that has a double meaning. You don't regret inviting me, but you might regret standing so close to me or something."

"Now you're being a bit irrational, don't you think?"

"I'm anxious. What do you expect? And I'm kind of upset that it took me getting my nose bashed with a basketball for you to talk to me again."

"I needed space. I needed to think."

"Mm-hmm." Jongdae rubs Minseok's shoulder.

"You smell nice." Minseok leans into his teammate.

"I washed my practice clothes yesterday."

"It doesn't smell like detergent. It smells like you."

"And maybe I smell like detergent."

"No, it's just you." Minseok wraps his arms around Jongdae's neck and brushes his lips along Jongdae's jawline. "Just you."

***

"Yah! Baekhyun!" Chanyeol jabs the brunet's arm back. "Stop it!"

"Hm? Sorry." Baekhyun tousles his hair. The class was working on a worksheet, and Baekhyun's arm kept bumping into Chanyeol, messing up his writing.

Baekhyun finishes the last problem and takes a look at Chanyeol, who was furiously erasing at his worksheet, trying to make his script perfect.

The brunet glances at the frown that decorated the giant's face, deciding that a smile, no matter how goofy, looked better on him.

Baekhyun admires the giant, and much like everyone else, he found himself with a slight crush. I guess I'm in good company. He traces Chanyeol's features with his gaze.

"What are you looking at?" Chanyeol snaps his fingers in the brunet's face.

"Hm?" Baekhyun bats his hand away. "I was looking at you."

"Clearly. But why?"

"I don't know. Like I said, you seem to want my attention."

"Drop that topic, would ya!?" Chanyeol raises his voice a bit. The teacher looks up  but doesn't say anything, seeing that both Chanyeol and Baekhyun were done, and that the rest of the students didn't seemed bothered.