xiii

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun furrows his brows at the figure in front of him. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Chanyeol bites his lip nervously. The giant had hung out at the school because his driver had some problems with getting the car started. Baekhyun had conveniently finished early and caught up to Chanyeol.

"You know what."

"No I don't." The giant shifts his bag from one shoulder to the other.

"Really?" The brunet walks closer and grabs Chanyeol's collar. "We need to break that little habit of lying, don't we?"

Chanyeol doesn't say anything.

"Don't we?" Upset with the lack of response, the brunet presses his lips against the younger's for the second time in twenty-four hours.

"Get away! What do you think you're doing!?"

"Oh look, you can talk after all. And don't deny it, you love my kisses."

The giant shakes his head quickly, too quickly. He couldn't help it. The feeling of Baekhyun's candy-sweet lips against his dragged him into a euphoria that he never wanted to leave.

"So what did you do?" But the present situation at hand was something that Chanyeol wasn't going to admit easily.

"Nothing."

"Mm-hmm." Baekhyun jumps up and locks his legs around Chanyeol's waist with ease. "Tell me. Or I'll stay like this," he singsongs.

Actually, I'd like that. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

Chanyeol's face heats up at the sight of Baekhyun's teasing grin. A few stray hairs fall into the brunet's face, and the giant instinctively pushes them back, revealing Baekhyun's forehead. The giant wanted nothing more at that moment than to press his lips on the skin over and over again. How can he make me hate him, yet he makes me so happy?

Honk!

Chanyeol turns at the sound of his car.

The driver rolls his window down. "Good afternoon. I apologize for the tardiness. Hop in. Your boyfriend is adorable, by the way."

Baekhyun raises his eyebrows a little at the title, but the smug grin on his face only widened. "Yeah Channie, let's not keep him waiting." The brunet drags the giant inside his own car.

As soon as Chanyeol gets decently settled in his seat, Baekhyun lays his head on the giant's shoulder and yawns, over-exaggerating a bit. The brunet discreetly grabs Chanyeol's hand and laces their fingers together. Chanyeol has no choice but to silently look on with a half-forced grin on his face. The terse expression melts into a genuine one though, when Baekhyun starts stroking the giant's knuckles with the pad of his thumb.

Chanyeol studies Baekhyun's expression carefully, watching as his muscles relax and his tongue dart out to graze his lips. The brunet's grip on his hand tightens, and Chanyeol finds the otherwise constricting gesture comforting.

Baekhyun's forehead scrunches up and without a second thought, Chanyeol leans over and kisses the wrinkles away, coaxing the brunet back into a state of comfort. When the car jumps a little, Chanyeol wraps an arm around the brunet to prevent him from tilting back. The limb stays there for the remainder of the trip, occasionally squeezing briefly around Baekhyun's slim figure.

When they arrive at the Park residence, Chanyeol carefully hoists the still-sleeping brunet out of the car and into his house. The giant slowly makes his way up the stairs, paying special attention to the priceless human he held. He sets the older down on the ottoman in his room, propping the brunet's head up with one of his pillows.