chapter three

Waverly watched over Nicole over the next few nights. Some parts of her wished Nicole came after her, but some parts of her couldn't let that happen.

Waverly's arm was still healing from Nicole's bullet. So she took it easy, doing simple things like pulling people from fires and tackling criminals. But in reality nothing during her "activities" was easy.

"Hey, Jeremy, what do you think of this?" Waverly said as she showed him her sketches

"Yeah, I think I can come up with something," Jeremy paused, "Are you going out tonight?"

Waverly nodded, "Yeah, do you have plans or something?"

"Well yes but I can cancel." He offered

"No- no. I can handle it alone for one night." Waverly smiled and watched Jeremy leave

She had a couple hours until dusk so she did more research. She had to learn how the BBD worked. If Nicole was going to catch her again, she'll need more information about her so called alliance.

Waverly hacked her sister's phone, knowing she had connections to BBD. Wynonna didn't share the fact that she was working for a top secret government agency, so Waverly had to find out for herself.

Ever since she found out, she had been checking in and making sure Wynonna was doing okay.

"Lucado?" Waverly asked herself as she scanned through Wynonna's texts

She did more research and wrote down every small detail before she had to leave.

She suited up and left, in search of a criminal that needed justice.

———

Nicole pondered calling Waverly for their coffee together but whenever she clicked on Waverly's contact she ended up backing out.

She'd been on edge since the whole Peacemaker thing. She never understood why the vigilante would let Nicole capture her. Nicole quickly shook that thought out of her head. She had a plan but it couldn't happen right away.

Instead Nicole finally pressed the call button and waited for Waverly to pick up.

Waverly was in the middle of a fight when her earpiece starting buzzing notifying she had a call. She quickly answered.

"Hello?" Waverly said, breathless

"Hey, it's Nicole."

"Oh hey!" Waverly said as she watched the group of thugs surround her

"So I was thinking we could go for that coffee today," Nicole paused, "Only if you want to?"

"Of course, can you hold on one second?" Waverly asked, pulling out her knives

"Yeah, of course." Nicole said as she fidgeted with her shirt

Waverly spun and kicked three out of the five men, causing them to go unconscious. The other two stood and looked at each other before charging at her. She threw one of her knives at one's knee cap, which in return he fell and started screaming. The other, who was still trying to tackle Waverly, was in a chokehold and slowly went unconscious.

Waverly called the police on of the guys phones and told them where to find them.

"Okay, I'm back." She said while climbing the fire escape up to her apartment

"Anyways, today, coffee at three?" Nicole asked, hoping she would say yes

"Definitely, see you then." Once they said their goodbyes both women smiled at their phones