chapter seven

Over the next couple of months, Waverly and Nicole did everything together, enjoying their relationship. And even the occasional team up, they fought criminals together. Waverly tried to convince Nicole to wear a mask but Nicole denied.

"Come on, babe." Waverly pleaded

"No—, I look fine in a hood, I do not need a mask." Nicole laughed while sipping her coffee

"Fine, but if someone finds out who you are, that's on you." Waverly smiled

Nicole shook her head playfully while reading the newspaper. She easily forgave Waverly knowing that she couldn't live in a world without her, she was her everything. She even asked Waverly to move in with her, she of course accepted. They set up their equipment in the basement, so they didn't have to stuff all of their weapons and suits in a safe.

Jeremy had his own computer set up for the night time missions, which he was happy about.

Waverly passed her finals with flying colors, her and Jeremy both graduated, and things were going well.

Jeremy walked in the front door, with a panicked expression, "I know what BBD plans to do next."

Nicole looked at him and furrowed her brows, "What?"

"They're planning a city-wide attack, your parents death was just the start." Jeremy took a breath

Waverly looked at him with a blank expression, "We end this now."

———

Jeremy sat at his computer, typing away. While Nicole tried to calm Waverly down.

"It's too dangerous for the both of us, we can't do it." Nicole said while holding Waverly by her shoulders

"We have to, if we don't, people will die."

Nicole knew she was right, but she was afraid of Waverly getting hurt.

"Fine, where you go, I go." Nicole nodded

Waverly gave her a half smile and a small kiss before going to Jeremy.

"How's it going?"

"Their firewall was tough to break but I'm in." Jeremy paused, looking at the screen, "They seem to have a bomb."

"Okay, when is it set to go off?" Waverly asked

"Two days." Jeremy gulped

Nicole stepped in, "Okay, that gives us roughly forty-eight hours to make plans to disarm the bomb and get out safely."

Jeremy nodded, "I'm already on it, they should be done in around two hours. While I do this, you guys go scope out the BBD headquarters, I need a guard count."

They both nodded as they both grabbed a small pistol, and their book bags. Since it was still daytime, they couldn't wear their suits, too much exposure.

They quickly drove to the headquarters, and set up their equipment on a hill right beside the building.

As Waverly looked through her binoculars she started a conversation, "So, after this is all done, do you want to hang up the suits for good?"

"I don't care, just as long as it's your decision." Nicole wrote down the number of guards

"Well, I want to start a life with you. And we can't do that if we're in constant danger all the time. I think I'm ready to be done." Waverly sighed

"If that's what you want, then we'll do it." Nicole smiled

"I started this crusade to avenge my parents deaths, and once we take out BBD, I would have finished it." Waverly set her binoculars down