Oran Berry Hunt

The two Eeveelutions pelted along the grass, kicking up dirt as they went. The sun was starting to sink behind the horizon, and they were starting to get tired.

"How much longer until we reach the cave?" Aurora asked, panting.

"Not too far. We can slow to a walk now," Oblivion decided.

The two trotted along contently, watching the sky drain of colour.

"There it is!" Oblivion exclaimed. It was set into the side of a mountain at the end of the forest.

The two entered the cave and gathered grass from outside to make a patchy nest. Once they were done, they settled down for a second.

Their night vision allowed them to scan every inch of the rock. They stayed like that for a minute, letting the comfortable silence rest upon them.

"I'm going to go get some Oran Berries," Aurora announced, getting to her feet and stretching.

"No, please, let me go – your side," Oblivion hastily jumped to his paws, cutting in with a worry-laced voice. His gaze raked over the herbal bandages he had used to treat her.

Aurora sighed. "You're the one who died two hours ago..." she groaned, but didn't argue as she settled back in to the nest.

"Stay safe or else!" She called from the cave, making Oblivion laugh as he stepped into the night.

The cold night breeze blew through his fur as he made his way towards the Oran Berry bushes. It didn't take long. After a few minutes, he saw the bushes that were littered with tiny red berries, like red stars in a dark emerald sky.

Oblivion swirled his ears and heard rustling from the other side of the bush. From the smell of frost and taste of cold, he decided it was a Glaceon.

Oblivion used his Psychic powers to weave a basket from the twigs nearby, and then began plucking the berries off the tall bush. Pale blue light emitted around the berries as the Umbreon used his gift of the mind.

The Glaceon on the other side of the bush peeked through and saw it was an Umbreon. 

"Hi! I'm Mirror!" The Glaceon beamed. She walked around to Oblivion's side.

"Hey there," the Umbreon replied.

"Aren't you gonna tell me your name?" Mirror frowned, setting her own basket down next to her.

Oblivion sighed. "Sure. I'm... Starsoul," he said after flicking through names. No way he was going to tell this stranger his real name, especially after what had just happened with Blossom.

"Nice to meet you, Starsoul!" Mirror smiled. Oblivion nodded at her, then noticed his basket was full of the tasty berries.

He turned around and began to walk.

"Where are you going?" Mirror asked, following him after she picked up her basket in her mouth.

"I need to get back to my friend, we're staying in a cave nearby," he answered, using his Psychic to carry the basket to free up his mouth.

"I live in a cave nearby. Is it the same one?" Mirror asked, her voice muffled.

Oblivion stopped. "I'm sorry. We thought it was abandoned," he said genuinely. "My friend and I are wild. We wander."

"Oh, that's alright!" Mirror said. "I'll let you stay if you be my friend."

Oblivion laughed. "Sure," he replied.

The two resumed walking to the cave. Soon the hidden home came into view.

"Is that where you live?" Oblivion asked.

"Mhmm." Came the reply.

Oblivion walked ahead and stuck his head in. "Aurora?" He asked, and the Espeon appeared from one of the tunnels.

"I was exploring," she explained. "Thanks for the berries! That was really nice of you."

She took them from his Psychic hold using her own. The Espeon placed them in front of the nest they had made.

"Aurora, apparently this cave belongs to a Glaceon, Mirror. She's agreed to let us stay the night," Oblivion explained.

On cue, the Glaceon padded into her cave, eyeing Aurora.

"Hi there," she greeted slowly, clearly annoyed at having an Espeon in her cave. She set her own basket down.

"Thanks for letting us stay!" Aurora smiled, trying to make friends with the Glaceon.

Oblivion hoped everything would turn out all right, that there wouldn't be another battle. The Umbreon's eyes strayed to his friend's back leg, and his eyes went wide.

"Your bandages," Oblivion gasped, noticing the dark green leaves were fraying.

Aurora glanced down at them guiltily. "I think my exploring did that," she winced.

"Don't feel bad, I'll redress them. Mirror?" Oblivion turned to the third Eeveelution, asking permission to go to a different chamber.

Mirror nodded, granting it.

Oblivion lead Aurora away from the Glaceon, who was thinking dark, jealous thoughts.