011

y/n's pov
turns out my fate is seriously bad.
as in seriously bad.

finn walks me as far as the end of my driveway when we see my father glaring at our advancing figures.

clearly finn notices this, and blanches slightly.

"ah, y/n... i think i'd bet-better leave," he stutters hesitantly, and i glance back my glowering father.

"yeah, might be a good idea," i say. "when will i see you guys again?"

"whenever fate thinks it's right," he winks, then swallows. i turn and see my dad starting to storm over.

"oh boy," i groan. "i'm in deep trouble. finn, you'd better get outta here!"

he nods, and turns to leave, but just before he does, he turns and places a sweet kiss on my cheek. "see ya, y/n!", he says, before he sprints down the driveway, and back along the street.

i gently touch my cheek, which is tingling pleasantly after his touch, and a small smile climbs across my face.

my dad reaches me, red with anger.
"where do you think you've been, y/n?"

"dad," i say, trying to keep my tone calm as possible, even though i'm terrified. "i was just with some new friends i made -"

"oh yeah? that kid? is that one of them?"

"what? yes, dad. of course! what did you think i was doing? taking drugs or something with some dodgy group? they're really nice, dad! i promise!"

he clenches his jaw, and i know that something's really wrong here. but what can i have done? i understand parental worries, of course, but this seems a bit over the top, surely? after all, he's just seen finn, who looks only about fifteen, so what on earth can he think i'm doing?

"come inside, y/n," my dad mutters. "i'll explain."

he grabs my wrist and virtually drags me into our new house. he's gripping so tightly, i can swear there will be bruises.

into the kitchen we go, where i'm finally released. he turns to me, and his cheeks are flushed with emotion, and seeing my shock, his face softens slightly.

"listen, sweetheart," says my father, "i'm sorry, okay? but that boy... you need to stay away from him."

"what?" i ask. what is wrong with literally everyone around here?

"he's dangerous, he's... you don't know who he could be. these people turn you against your parents, and pretend they're somebody else!"

"dad, be reasonable," i say. "he's... i didn't meet him on the internet! i met him in real life. he lives next door, for the love of -"

"then where was he running to?" asks my dad, and there's definitely a tone of triumph in there now. "he wasn't going next door, was he now? no, honey, i think you're being lied to. i don't want to see you get hurt!"

"no, you just want to be proved right." i mutter, not quietly enough to be missed, though.

"excuse me?" says my dad, getting angry now. "y/n, i'm trying to keep you safe. for heavens' sake, if that means i have to lock you in your room forever, i will."

"oh my god, dad," i say, exasperated, "he's not who you think he is."

"he's exactly who i think he is!"

"you don't even know him dad! how should you know who you think he is is what he's like?"

my dad opens his mouth to speak, but snaps his mouth shut, seething.

"y/n, i'm not having this conversation with you. just... stop interfering."

"i'm not interfering!" i shout, losing my temper. "you're the one interfering with my life! you make me move to this stupid new town, and when i make one nice friend you make me leave them! you have no right! stop it!"

and with that i turn on my heel, and storm upstairs to my room, closing the door sharp behind me and locking it.

breathing hard and heavily, i sink onto my bed and lie down, spread-eagled on my back, one leg hanging off the edge.

my cheek is still tingling, and i reach up to touch it, and as i do a small smile grows on my face.

i guess i should be angry. punching my pillow or something. my dad just stopped me from seeing finn!

but all i can think is how cliché our relationship is.

i'm falling for the boy i hated, who i'm not allowed to see...

the boy next door, who i met through my window pane.

-

oh all ye who worship the sacred number, bow in worship to this chapter. the great 011 has arrived!

just kidding.

hiya my lovely readers!
i promise the story will get more exciting soon, i'm just getting into it!
quick question:
do i have any bts stans reading my books? i was thinking of doing an au with one of them - i love them so freaking much!!
who are your biases?
mines j-hope!
i love you all my angels!
- roo x