015

y/n's pov
holy freaking heck!!

for one frightening fraction of a second, my father and i meet each other's gaze. then i crash to the floor in a little shivering heap, trying in some futile attempt to hide.

what the actual flipping heck is happening?

how did i get myself into this? i came here because my parents forced me for god's sake, for a "new start". and i guess a "new start" is exactly what i'm getting, although this is not not not what i had in mind. i have supernatural friends, and my father has pistols, and - holy shit!

my dad has a gun!

"guys!" i cry, and clap my hand over my mouth too late.
i mean, if he didn't know i was there before, by some miracle, he definitely does now.

i see my father snap his head towards me. he squints violently, obviously trying to see through the dark. i stay as still as i can.

it's a funny thing, that when all you want in the world is to be completely still, you seem to be moving more than you ever have before. my chest must surely be heaving almost into freaking orbit by now.

"y/n?" calls out finn's worried voice, followed by a "what's wrong?" from sadie.

scratch that.
all i want in the world right now is for them either to realise my father is there or shut up, preferably both.

suddenly i feel a hand grab onto the collar of my shirt and i gasp in absolute horror.
"y/n," mutters my father into my ear, sounding angrier than he ever has before, "you had better have an excellent explanation for this."
i open my mouth to say something but something clicks near my ear and i'm pretty damn sure he didn't almost pull the trigger for pure satisfaction.
"oh no you don't," he snarls. "no no no, not so they can hear."
"are you going to kill me?" i whisper back.
"you're my daughter, y/n," he replies. "why would i?"

and then everything goes wrong.
"y/n?" says a frightened voice and i find myself staring into gaten's eyes.
for a second, the whole world freezes. it stops in place. there's only me, gaten and my father stuck in time, gazing at each other, each realising at once that we've gotten into something we can't get out of.
then everything speeds back up.
"gaten!" i scream. "run! get out of here! all of you! go!"
gaten doesn't move. he raises his hand and clicks. simple.
what happened next i guess i should've seen coming, looking back on it, but i just didn't have a clear head at that point.

a beam of light shot out from his fingers and towards us, growing and growing until, by the time it reached us, it was at least twice my height in length. i realise too late what is going to happen, but by that time, the beam is upon us and it crosses over both me and my father's faces until it reaches our eyes.

bam.
pain.
the worst pain i'd ever experienced.
i screwed my eyes shut in some attempt to stop the pain but it didn't help in the slightest. my father let go of my top and i hit the ground again in a belly flop position. all the wind was knocked out of me, but that was the least of my worries. my father is screaming, as well as another voice which i realised afterwards was my own. my eyes and head were burning and aching at once, but so badly they couldn't really be called "burning" and "aching" any more.
it's like looking at the sun... when it's two centimetres away.

i feel a hand on my back, and through my screams i hear gaten's shaking voice.
"y/n? oh god y/n!"
then another voice
"gaten, what the hell did you do?"
"she didn't shut her eyes in time!"
"why didn't you warn her?"
"her father would've done it too!"
"you twat!"
"what would you have done? y/n, y/n, listen! listen!"
i clamp my mouth shut to hear gaten's instructions, but muffled groans still escaped. my father is still screaming inside the house, and a crash is heard; he must have knocked something over.

"listen to me! whatever you do, do! not! open! your! eyes!" says gaten.
"w-w-why?" i say through gritted teeth.
"the light hasn't reached your brain yet. it's in your eyes, yes, but not strong enough to reach your brain. if you open your eyes, and you see even the smallest amount of light, it gains that strength and will get to your brain: and that cannot happen under any circumstance!"
"why?" i spit out.
"because if it does..." he says, and trails off, and i know what he's going to say before he even finishes.

"you'll die."

-
guess who's back?
back again?
hi hi hi everyone ! i am so so sorry for not updating in sUCH A LONG FREAKING TIME! and i apologise - this chap. is terrible, i literally don't know any more!
but i'm back, and i will be continuing this and working on my gaten!au again!
love you all.
thank you so much for the support and waiting for me !!
i'm so sorry for being unable to reply to pms atm - hopefully i'll get it working again soon!