Eaton-12

I shouldn't call.

She hasn't called me in a over week, so I shouldn't call her. Right?

I'm really worried about her. She didn't come to the baseball game on Thursday. Jace was a mess, he's one of our best runners but he was not on his game. Coach had to bench him for the whole second half of the game.

It's Monday now. I recently found out that Wes is not in town. I get the feeling that Vi hasn't talked to him about what's going on.

I shouldn't call her but I do.

I picture a smile on her face as she answers, and asks me how I'm not sick of her. How could I be sick of her? I haven't talked to her in a week.

"What's up?" She asks.

I really don't have anything that I can say. "Nothin, just callin to see that you're ok now."

She hesitates, then asks me again if I wanna know what happened. If it will help her, I'll let her tell me.

"Kinda." She says softly.

I decide that this will go better over FaceTime. Plus I really wanna see her face when she tells me. So I FaceTime her.

She's very anxious about telling me. She makes me promise that I won't tell anyone. I almost ask her not to tell me then she spits it out.

"Reagan's pregnant."

I was not expecting that at all. Who's the dad? I have to ask.

"Yeah it Jace's." She looks away, but she's not crying.

What the fuck was Jace thinking? He must be stupid. I tell her as much.

"Don't tell him I said this but, what a bastard." It's true. What kind of dick does that? Knocking a girl up then ditching her is an all time low.

I think I said the right thing, her mouth turns up in a half smile. "I mean he went about it the wrong way-" She's defending him? Why?

"No shit, he let her just get up and leave? That's a asshole move. Especially with Oz," Oh my god. Oz I didn't even think about that. I can't believe Jace did that. All of us were worried for Ozzy's life, and Jace knew this whole time?

"I know but what would you have done?" She asks.

"Not that." I wonder how differently this would've gone had the baby been Ozzy's. I know for a fact that Reagan wouldn't have left.

"Yeah well" She sighs. "she showed up at Jace's door that night and started arguing with him and that's when I found out. I got mad at him because of literally everything you just said, and he told me he loved me."

"Seriously?" You've gotta be kidding me. Only Jace would use those three words at that time.

She also says that now they're on a break. I know Jace. He's probably been sulking all week. He was sulking at the baseball game, and now I know why.

"I bet he didn't take that well."

"Yeah he called an hour later."

"Did you tell him that I drove you home?" I don't know if I want him to know or not. I'm not gonna do what Ozzy did. I decided that when Ozzy did it. Of course that was before I met Vi, but I'm still holding to it. Both of them have been real dicks lately.

"Yeah he didn't like that." I wince. No he probably wouldn't like that at all.

"But I didn't tell him about McDonalds."

What does that mean? "Why?"

She blushes and shrugs, "I don't know"

I must be overthinking this. I overthink a lot of things.