14 || bed

[NOTE: VERY SLIGHT SMUT UP AHEAD]

If someone had told me just this morning that I'd be in Jeon Jungkook's arms, I would've laughed so hard that I'd resemble a dying whale.

Not that I want any whales to die, of course - just saying.

But here I am, nonetheless, being carried bridal-style by none other than the biggest prick in the entire planet, my hands clutched around his neck, my head resting on his warm chest right above his heart.

Which is how I knew how fast his heart was currently beating right now - probably because he was currently running in his haste to get me to the nurse's office. He was gripping me tightly to him, his shoes bouncing off the squeaky linoleum floor as he sped across the corridors.

My own heart was slowly but surely reacting as well. Feeling the heat of his arms around me, the way his sturdy chest feels against my cheek, seeing his jaw-dropping features (and those darned kissable lips of his) up close made me both flustered and angry.

He's a prick and you hate him, remember?

A dull wave of pain lashed out from my ankle just then, and I let out a groan as I shut my eyes tight once again.

I could hear Jungkook suck in a breath, and feel his fingers tightening against my skin. His voice sounded worried as he soothingly said, "hang on, love, we're here."

And we were. Jungkook angled his body to the right, dipping me a little in the process as he shouldered the sliding door open.

The nurse's office was spacious and painted a creamy yellow. Inside there were five beds, each sectioned into its own space with rods of curtains hanging on all sides to provide privacy. A sink was perched across the room with a large medicine cabinet standing beside it. The entire place was empty, the nurse seemingly out at the moment.

As Jungkook gently laid me down onto one of the cots, I noticed the windows lining up the wall across from me, each overlooking the lush green soccer field. One of them was open, its curtains flapping in the balmy wind that wafted into the room, bringing with it a smell of freshly-cut grass. It smelled like summer.

Meanwhile, Jungkook had busied himself rummaging around the room. I pushed myself into a sitting position to watch the brown-haired boy grab a pack of ice and some bandages, his hands deft and sure.

"What are you doing?" I crossed my arms as he turned to face me, his eyebrow raised. "We should wait for the nurse."

His only answer was to walk back to where I'm currently sat upon, his eyes sparkling with amusement. Wary, I inched slowly back as Jungkook strode toward me and plunked the medical supplies onto the bed.

Ignoring my words, he didn't reply at all. Instead he gently maneouvred my shoulders to lay down on the bed, stuffing a couple of pillows on my back so I could sit in a comfortable position.

As he gingerly placed the pack of ice on my throbbing ankle, I winced at the coldness and gritted my teeth at him. "Are you sure you know how to do this?"

"Are you really doubting me when I was the one saved your ass?" He shot back.

Grudgingly, I muttered to myself, purposefully making it loud enough for him to hear. "Well, who knows, you might accidentally amputate my leg or something."

Jungkook laughed, his eyes crinkling at the sides. Cute, I briefly observed before realizing what I'd just thought and flushed.

It was true, though - when he genuinely smiled, it was as if his entire face brightened, a stark difference than the usual heated, sensual expressions I'd seen.