Prologue

Milo Fleamont Potter sat in the empty hall with his written exam for Defence Against the Dark Arts in front of him on the table

Milo Fleamont Potter sat in the empty hall with his written exam for Defence Against the Dark Arts in front of him on the table. Sitting near the front of the room, administering the test was Professor Vector, but she wasn't paying any mind to the boy that was sitting there, finishing up his O.W.L.s exams. For the first time, in what felt like forever, Milo wore a small smile on his face before removing the answers from his parchment. Obviously, he couldn't give such answers or he would surely fail his exam. But in those moments, he was finding it very difficult to concentrate on anything, it had been like that for months now, but within the last few weeks, it seemed never-ending. 

While he believed that the end of the Triwizard Tournament would be something for him to look forward to, Milo couldn't have been any more wrong. It had become one of the most traumatising and terrifying moments in his life as he and his brother were witnesses to the rise of Voldemort inside the graveyard that they had been brought to by a trick. Barty Crouch Jr and his sister, Brinley had fooled so many for so long as they had worked out everything as a team to ensure that their Dark Lord would rise again.

Under the information that Voldemort stole from the mind of the now late-Bertha Jorkins, they learned of the Triwizard Tournament taking place and the position of Alastor Moody taking the job of the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. It was perfect for them to kidnap the real Moody and use him as a constant supply for Barty Crouch Jr to create the Polyjuice Potion that disguised him for the school year. His task was supposed to get Harry into the Triwizard Tournament so that he would end up winning and that would result in him grabbing the portkey.

Fortunately, Milo had interfered with those plans, even when he was warned not to and it made the job so much more difficult for the Death Eater to get Harry where he needed to be. So he contacted his sister that was carrying for their Lord at his most vulnerable state and she enacted a new plan. Catching Auror and Hit Witch Elspeth Hayes-Black attempting to snoop around her brother's office for information, Brinley Crouch attacked the Auror and followed the same route as her brother to disguise herself. 

Elspeth was a trusted person enough with Harry Potter that she could lure him into the maze under the false pretences that the boy could save his brother. It worked enough that Harry found Milo and believed that if they reached the Triwizard Cup, they could make it out of the maze without any more trouble. He couldn't have been more wrong in that moment as the cup/portkey transported them to a graveyard where the final steps were taken to bring Voldemort back to a stronger form of himself. 

It all seemed it was going to end with one of them dying and Milo was right, one of them did die, but it wasn't him. It was Harry, struck with the green light of the Killing Curse and falling right into his brother's arms. The boy had willingly sacrificed himself in order to protect Milo but it resulted in further complications. His brother was "cleansed" in the eyes of Artemis and while he was allowed to venture back and live, Harry wasn't ready yet.