Chapter Twenty-Eight

[Chapter Twenty-Eight]

Needless to say, Milo could feel the disappointment radiating off of some of his peers when they found out that he and Cedric did not run away during the middle of the night to get married. Among them, Heidi and Max were practically weeping, although quite thankful at the same time because they expressed numerous times, along with Professor Sprout that they wanted to be present for the actual wedding. And while it was amusing, it was the least of Milo's worries and thoughts when he returned to the castle. Returning with a new pair of frames, it just appeared as though he had left to be fitted for new glasses, claiming that the other ones just weren't getting the job done.

But Milo was worried about Regulus because he wasn't sure what had fallen upon the soul after he had been taken by Nyx. He was also worried about Elspeth because she was holding the blame of everything on her shoulders and he was definitely worried about his father serving detention with Umbridge. However, James wasn't concerned about his detention at all, in fact, he was welcoming to the idea so he could put the pink toad in her place. The only thing he was happy about was seeing that Milo and Cedric were okay.

They had attracted quite the crowd in the corridors after Milo returned as everyone could only see Harry lift Milo off his feet in a hug. Apparently, the rumour went around rapidly that Harry Potter had definitely been working out. James continued to squeeze and hold Milo, while practically crying that he was thankful that his "baby boy" was alright. The only way Milo could get him to stop was to push James away by his face and practically pry him off the rest of the way. 

Within the happy reunion, Milo grabbed his father by the wrist and led him around the corner of the corridor to speak with him in private.

"Dad, what were you thinking about getting a detention with Professor Umbridge? You're supposed to be keeping a low profile. Not drawing attention to yourself."

James folded his arms and looked away. "She started it. Calling all of us a bunch of liars as if Voldemort didn't return, everyone is just doing it for attention. Listen, Milo, I understand that I need to keep a low profile and act like Harry but I'm not going to stand there and let anyone badmouth the people I care about. Not you, not Harry, not Elspeth...no one. That woman needs to be put in her place-"

"But not by you, at least, not right now," Milo said. "We have enough going on as it is. Everything has been unravelling faster than it can come together. We don't need any additional drama with this. Who cares what she thinks? No one likes her anyways as it seems, not even the professors...not even Professor Snape and that's saying a lot. I mean, coming from him of all people-"

Milo was fully prepared to scold his father further, as backwards as it all seemed. However, as James was looking away, Harry noted something on the back of Harry's hand.  Reaching forward he grabbed the robes and pulled the hand out to see that there was writing etched into Harry's skin.