Chapter One

[Chapter One]

[Chapter One]

James Potter had planned a different life for his boys when it came to Milo and Harry growing up and if he was being honest, it never involved the Dursleys. While his wife wanted to mend ways with her sister, James didn't see it happening anytime soon as Petunia married to one of the worst men that James ever came to know, a man by the name of Vernon Dursley. All memories James had of Vernon before his death, involved nothing more than fighting which resulted in Lily crying as she and her sister became more and more distant. It all started when they had first met, Vernon spent a good amount of the dinner trying to impress all of them with the talk of his new car.

At the time, James admitted that he didn't handle it the best as he began bragging about his own wealth to tell Vernon that he wasn't that special for having a car. The whole evening fell into a disaster with Petunia and Vernon storming out and Lily crying. From then on, Lily tried to patch things up with Petunia but the relationship between the two was pretty much over. Petunia wouldn't even allow Lily to be a bridesmaid in her own wedding and from that point on, the Evans sisters didn't talk much after that. 

Petunia had problems with Lily from the time they were young, jealous that her sister had become the witch of the family. Their parents seemed to favour her and that led to Petunia resenting her little sister. But that was all between the adults, James couldn't believe that it would carry on to the children but it certainly did.

Milo had been fortunate, Minerva McGonagall had taken him into her custody raising him as her own and it was a household based on love and respect. Harry had not been so fortunate as for some reason, Dumbledore decided that Harry would be safest among people that hated him. James couldn't get over it and when he saw the state that his son was living in when he arrived at the Dursley home, he was absolutely furious. All the anger that the couple had for James and Lily had passed down to their son, their precious monster, and in turn, it was three against Harry at all times when he was there. 

But James learned something very quickly as he arrived, while they were mean, it was all a front because they were actually terrified of Harry. They were terrified of magic and James was going to use that to his advantage every time he had a chance to do so.

He would start saying spells under his breath at the dinner table while they were eating while waving his hands. It did absolutely nothing, but they all believed that he somehow poisoned the food. He would also wait until Dudley was in the shower, run in and chant complete gibberish while flicking the light switch repeatedly. Dudley's screams could be heard all throughout Privet Drive throughout the summer and that made James very happy. 

Since Harry couldn't use his magic outside of school, James had to revert to muggle tactics, such as placing holes inside of the garden hose, placing pop-up items all throughout the house to scare them as it jumped out, and pretending to use magic to threaten them every chance he had. He was going to make their lives a living hell after they made his son suffer. He was just thankful that both of them were not subjected to it, but it didn't excuse anything they had done.