•19•

The day after I trudged through the trees trying to go somewhere I had no idea where it was. I think I had decided earlier that I wanted to go to the cornucopia and try and find the remaining tributes and end this. Once and for all.

My legs felt unsteady  and the knife in my hand felt heavier than weights. But this had to end.

A noise behind me caused me to turn to see what had happened. The forest was a wall of flame behind me. I shrieked barely before my heart dropped and I was forced to run. I tripped on weeds and my legs were torn by briars.

For Brandon. For Brandon. For Brandon.  That's how this all was going to have to be. I had to keep going, not because it is what I wanted, but because I had promised Brandon.

I emerged in the clearing with the cornucopia. I turn to look at the wall of flame behind me and it stopped at the edge of the clearing. The game makers wanted me here. I was almost positive I was one of the last two and this would be the final battle. The final death. The hunger games winner.

I turn to look at the clearing with my knife in hand and I see a shape moving at the other side of the grass field. It was a person, hunched over something else. I stayed quiet. I didn't want them to hear me.

As I backed away, I could see the person turn toward me with glowing eyes and snarling teeth. It was Badger. I look at the figure he had been hunched over. It was Brass. I felt my last meal ride in my throat and I couldn't help but cry out.

As Badger started to stand to his full height, a large wall emerged from the ground and circled us in a small area. I turn to the wall and start to climb up the vine like barrier. I looked over and notice Badger had the same idea.

As I climb as far as my arms could carry me, I look under me. The once green, fresh grass had turned into boiling lava, spewing from the core and attacking the walls of the wall holding me in. Slowly, it rose.

The lava was not my only problem either. Badger was moving at an unbelievably fast speed around the wall to me. By the look of him, he had become a direct victim of the games. The arena had changed him into a monster who feasted on their victims and saw nothing but blood.

I start to scramble up the wall and sideways all at the same time. The lava was slowly rising to my feet. I look down and a hush of lava sprouted from the source. I cried out as it scorched the side of my head and blinded me from vision on an entire side of my face. One of my hands reach to grasp onto my face which burnt.

I look over at Badger and he had fallen lower and lower now. He was onto meters away from the pool of lava. I could help but feel bad as he attempted to crawl farther up onto the wall. He was just as innocent as I at one point and put into this arena as a game.

I look away as my the indescribable pain in my face demands attention. I was about to let go. I was about to let go of everything that I had been holding onto for so long and then the wall i was on slowly returned to the ground.

I start to panic. The ground was coming closer, but once I became aware that the lava was gone, I stared confused at the arena around me. My eyes focus on a burnt, scorched body that belonged to Badger.

He was dead.

Trumpets played.

Badger had died.

I had lived.

I was the champion of the hunger games.

Then the world became black.

A/N

Sooooooooo any good? I know this whole fan fic has kinda took a turn for the worse but I've spent a lot of my time on these last two chapters to make them good. I've had a bit of writers block on this book and everything just became harder and harder to write. I'm sorry for the short and slow updates but I should be wrapping this book up pretty soon. So thanks for anyone's who's been reading this and still supporting me :)

Have a good day everyone!!