Epilogue

I say on the beach with a flowing shirt and denim shorts. My hair had grown over the past few years but I'd cut it all shorter so that it was the same as the healing side of my head.

Nearly three years ago I had came home to District 4 with Annie and Finnick after the Hunger games. About two years ago Annie had given birth to an absolute sweet boy. Unlike I had expected, no matter how old he had gotten, he didn't cry at the sight of my face.

The day Finnick has came out of the hospital crying and told me the name of their child was one of the happiest days before.

"Do you wanna see him?" Finnick had asked.

I had nodded excitedly and followed him into the room, in awe of the baby that had been placed in my arms. He had a golden completion and Finnick's same curly brown hair.

"What did you name in?" I questioned them. I watched as they passed a small smile between the two of them.

"Brandon."

So now I sit beside Brandon on the beach drawing shapes in the sand. I look at the small boy and hope for a better life than here. Maybe something would change one day and he wouldn't have to go through any troubles.

He smiles and his small cheeks cover his eyes and his hair covers just above them. I couldn't help but smile back at him and speak in a baby voice to him.

Annie had struggled while he was younger and cried so much. She definitely struggled with the birth, too, but eventually everything had worked out.

"Are you all ready for dinner?" Finnick says and interrupts my thoughts as he approaches me.

"Yeah definitely." I nod and stand up and pick up Brandon on my hip. At first it was weird calling a different person the same name but it was almost like he had a second chance of life. And I loved it.

"Annie wasn't feeling well so I fixed potato salad, since she loved it so much." Finnick says to me as we walk in the house. Annie was walking through the house and sat at the table with her hand over her overgrown stomach.

"She's kicking." Annie groans.

I smile and sit Brandon down at his high chair at the table. Though nothing was the same, I found a balance in my life and found a way to control my thoughts.

I hoped Brandon was watching over me now and I prayed that he was proud of me.

A/N

So I get a lot of people aren't reading this at all right now but the only person that is reading it is wolf_moto_gurl and it's been very supporting so if anyone in the future reads this, give her a follow please! Thanks!

And this was the end of the book :) honestly I had writers block through some of this and I know it wasn't that good so I'm very sorry guys but I hoped you liked it anyway! Bye!