Prologue

It was a normal day in Paris. At least, as normal as days can get when you fight akumas for a living.

One moment, Marinete was staring at the back of Adrien's head, and the next, a man with hands all over his face broke down the walls to their classroom.

An akuma! Marinette silently thought as she ran into the hallway, seeing something she probably shouldn't have seen.

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien yelled as he turned into Cat Noir.

"Adrien, you-" Marinete stared to say as Cat Noir faced her.

"It's not what it looks like!"

"It's fine... This was gonna happen eventually... Tikki, spots on!" Marinette yelled, transforming into Ladybug in front of her partner.

"Marinette... You-"

"We can deal with this later." Ladybug huffed, looking at their destroyed classroom. "Right now, we have to stop Scratchy Scrathes Itchy Too Handsy."

Cat Noir tilted his head. "Scratchy Scratches Itchy Too Handsy?"

"Until we know his name, we're calling him that."

"As you wish, my lady."

Jumping into action, Ladybug swung her yoyo around like a shield, Cat Noir doing the same with his pole.

Ladybug turned her head slightly. "Teacher, who I have no connection too what so ever, get the students out of here while we deal with him!"

"Smooth..." Cat Noir muttered.

"Whatever." Ladybug huffed, turning to Scratchy Scratches Itchy Too Handsy.

"Interesting..." He said, his hands sounding like they were choking him. "You two are of the Miraculous variety... Something rare from my time."

"Leave this class alone!" Cat Noir yelled.

"Kurogiri, can we bring them back with us? We were supposed to bring back some girl named Alya, but this is so much better! If these two are who I think they are, if we bring them, they won't create that cursed place!"

"As you wish, Tomura Shigaraki." The purple mist said, nodding at a guy with clocks on the palms of his hands. "Clockwork, you know what to do."

The guy nodded as the mist grabbed Ladybug and Cat Noir.

"Not so fast! CATACLYSM!" Cat Noir yelled, trying to use it on the mist. Unfortunately, he hit a door as it crumbled away.

"LUCKY CHARM!" Ladybug yelled as a paper fell from the sky. It had the address to Master Fu's home on it... Ladybug frantically looked at the names addressed on top. Alya, Nino, and... Chloé? If that's what her lucky charm wanted, then Cat Noir and her were far beyond help now. "Alya! Take this paper!"

Alya ran forward and snatched it from Ladybug's grasp. "Um..."

"Go to that address and take the two people who's names are on their with you. We might be gone for a while, so Paris is counting on you!"

"What!?" Cat Noir hissed, looking at Ladybug like she was crazy. "You're just giving up?"

"We're gonna turn back soon. There's not much we can do now. I trust you, Alya. Okay? Or, should I say Rena Rouge?"

Alya's posture straightened as she nodded briskly. "Right. Nino, Chloé, let's go! Ladybug and Cat Noir are counting on us!"

And then, Ladybug and Cat Noir vanished before everyone's eyes, to a future where being a hero didn't require a miraculous, just a super power called a quirk.