Chapter 3: Marinette

"Oh no... I was right? This can not be happening!" I said, standing up and pacing Izuku's room.

"What do you mean? At this point, Gabriel being Hawk Moth is common knowledge."

"You don't understand." I muttered. "Adrien is gonna be crushed. I can't let him know. At least, not until we get back home. And even then, he's gonna be crushed, by just the fact that Gabriel is Hawk Moth, and because of the fact that I didn't tell him, when you just told me. Oh Kitty, if only you knew, if only you weren't related to him, if only they didn't steal the book from the temple on Tibet, if only-"

"You do the muttering thing too?" Izuku interrupted.

I shook my head. "I was muttering? Sorry. Only when I get worried or get lost in thought though..."

Izuku laughed. "I do the same thing. But... Why would Adrien be crushed that Gabriel Agreste is Hawk Moth?"

I took a deep breath. "Gabriel is Adrien's father."

"That explains a lot."

"We can't let Adrien know. He'll be crushed." I said, sitting on Izuku's bed. "When I gave him the evidence the first time, he was so depressed, then Gabriel just had to go and akumatize himself, and screw with my idea."

"I agree. No telling Adrien." Izuku nodded. "And I thought my secret was a doozey."

"Oh yeah, and because this place doesn't have any super heroes of the kwami variety, Tikki and Plagg were sucked into our brains. They're our main source of power." I said, trying to think of what Izuku's secret could be.

"And when you use lucky charm..."

"That's my secret super power in France. I can only use it once, because after five minutes, I transformed back. Now that kwami's don't exactly exist, I have no suit, so I just have an energy drain for five minutes."

"Which is why you looked exhausted."

"Exactly." I pointed to Izuku. "Well, I've spilt my secrets. Your turn!"

"Oh boy... So something about the world now: not all men are created equal. I learned that at the bright age of four." Izuku said, expecting a reaction out of me.

"Okay..."

"A thing about the world today, 80% of the world's population has a quirk, which is what you would call a super power. I was originally part of that 20% of people who wasn't born with a quirk. All Might was too, when he was younger."

"So... How did you get your quirks?"

"I don't know about All Might, but when Katsuki, the kid you were getting on for calling me Deku, when he got attacked by a sludge monster, I, a quirkless 15 year old, was the only one to rush in, my legs having a mind of their own, when none of the professional heroes were too scared to even try. All Might considered me worthy, and started training me as his prodigy."

"How though?" I asked. "You didn't have a quirk."

"All Might does, how ever. It's called One For All. It gives him the ability to pass down his quirk as long as someone eats a piece of his DNA. I ate a piece of his hair, and I got his power. Every time I used it, it would break the bones in my body, to the point where Recovery Girl, the nurse, refuses to heal me if I use too much of my power. That's why my hand looks like this."

Izuku held out his hand for me to see, it looked slightly messed up, but besides that, better worse for wear.

"Did you finally get One For All under control?"

"The most I can use it at is 5%." Izuku admitted. "Maybe... Maybe you can help me."

"I'm not that great with quirks though..."