Prologue

"Unbelievable." The detective said, clad in his raincoat and black coffee in hand, a Monday morning hangover washing over him.

Beside his scrawny, rookie partner, detective Astor was a decent head taller than his new half. Grey hair upon his head, his partner looked shiny and new with slicked back hair and an ensemble that screamed to be called a skinny Clark Kent.

"They reported it to have happened sometime between 11pm and 4 in the morning," said the rookie. He, next to his older partner, looked vibrant and new, full of life and excitement for the day ahead. Astor was exhausted just looking at his eagerness.

"5 hours is a long time to steal a painting without getting caught," he said. It was 8am, and the scene before them stood an empty space where a good 7 million in cash used to sit in the form of a René Vo painting.
Police cars were surrounding the entire museum, and flashes went off from cameras that his eyes couldn't quite handle yet. Astor rubbed his eyes with his free hand.

In truth, there was no mystery as to who this crime was done by. He knew it, his old partner would have, and maybe so would all of his lousy replacements, but this new guy.... Still, he humored him by pretending to be at least a little surprised by the details for a moment.

"Well, no one saw anything. No alarms went off. There isn't even a sign of forced entry." New-Guy, (as Astor called him, not willing to put in the effort of remembering his name quite yet,) shrugged, a look of real, genuine impressiveness scattered across his fresh face.

Astor tried not to show his impatience, he was scolded many times by his boss not to act so irritated by new detectives for fear of too many complaints to switch partners. Has this guy been living under a rock? He thought. Of course, he was just following procedure that it wasn't politically correct to just assume who the criminals were without some sort of pattern, other than how impressive the act was. And, even so, Astor himself hadn't seen this sort of case in years. That didn't mean that he didn't expect it to come back one day. Astor finally spoke up.

"There's only one group I know who could pull off an act like this, in a place like this," he started, gesturing to the grand museum which held not only countless other priceless artifacts, but priceless security systems thicker than its own walls. "No scrapes, no finger prints, no nothing."

New Guy waited for an answer, but he never gave one. At least, not directed towards him.

"Call Jim," Astor said to one of the officers near by. Jim was Astor's boss, the fellow who you requested to speak to when things got too hefty.

"It looks like the Big Four is back in business."

Just because I've been off for a while, I won't continue this until there's maybe 20 views because I don't know if this fandom is still thriving on Wattpad. Or... anywhere? Anyway. Lmk if you liked it, and remember to vote if you do <3
~li