Staring

Warnings: Underaged drinking. Almost Explicit thoughts. Very VERY mild, though. However, this chapter is pretty important, so skip the middle chunk, and read the first and last part if you want to avoid it.

_

"Astor," He called. The young, rather annoying new partner had 2 cups of coffee in his hands. Walking in to the office Astor rolled his eyes, his hangover un-waivered.

"It's Detective Bunnymund," He states firmly. He pulled his chair out from his desk and sat with a huff, only then really getting to sit since he got up that morning, except for driving.

"I got you a coffee." He reluctantly took the cup, sniffed it, and sipped it.  Astor only likes his coffee black. It was gross, it was bitter, and it was just how he preferred.

And with a swift movement, he put it back into his hand. "Too sweet." He said. He resumed working without giving the poor boy a second glance.

New-Guy stood there for a moment, his smile fading only a bit. He thought of saying something, but he couldn't decide what, so he turned around to his desk, and sat, with two too-sweet coffees.
He flipped over his name plate, which had fallen sometime between then and the last time he saw it. He put it upright to reveal his name, "Olaf Buck."

_____

It had been 2 days since Rapunzels birthday. The second oldest of the teens now planted herself on the designated mattress, Hiccup and Merida on the ground next to her counting the money from their most recent heist.

Scattering the dollar bills like a game of uno, Rapunzel counts, divides, and recounts.

"Whose idea was it to get anything besides hundreds?" Merida asked, sorting the 10's from the 20's from the 50's, and so on.

"It's less conspicuous when we're out and about," Hiccup said, recounting the stack Rapunzel had finished. It was routine, and the order never faded. "200,000," He said.

Although the painting had been 7 million, had resold the painting for $1million. The rest of the money had gone to the big bosses, to what they called, "upstairs."

"Great, divided by 4 that's 50 thousand for each of us!" Rapunzel declared. It was a great deal more than they usually got, and the four of them had an abundant amount of expenses, being the independent students they were. They all had their individual needs, and this was how they were met.

Jack came in through the front door, a bag of groceries in hand, and called for them.

They hustled into the kitchen, where jack hoisted two brown bags onto the countertop. He switched on the light, which flickered slightly due to it being so old. "How much did we make, Hic?" He asked, to which Hiccup hoisted the stack he still had in his hand onto the table-top next to Jacks brown bags.

"200k total."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Jack pulled 4 bottles out of the two brown bags, two bottles between the fingers of each hand. "Because these bad boys weren't cheap."

"Holy Shit!" Merida shouted, being the first to swipe a bottle from his hands. Jack only laughed.

"Well, the Scottish are known for their drinking, aren't they?" Jack stated. She scowled.

"That's the Irish. And anyone can take a drink if their friend buys enough," she elbowed him in the rib lightly, to lighten her own mood.

"Anybody can party, I guess." Rapunzel took the second bottle, and Jack gestured to take the third, one in each hand of his, now.