chapter 22

Skye's POV

*

*

Shortly after Liam had left, my phone began to ring.

I was still lacking crutches so I was unable to move from my spot unless Harry carried me.

"Do you want me to get it?" he asked while kissing my cheek.

"Yes, please." He slid his large finger across the screen and held the device up to his ear, "Hello?"

"Mhmm," he said.

Silence.

"Sure, we will be there in twenty minutes," he said then hung up the phone.

"We have to go back to the hospital, they were never able to get your side of the story and they need it for a police report. Also, I think we need to get you some crutches, love. Unless you want me to carry you around for the next week." he smiled and scooped me up in his arms.

Louis had to pick us up since Harry's car was still totalled.

When we arrived to the hospital, Harry carried me inside and we were greeted by a few police officers.

"Hello Ms. Collins, we are going to ask you some questions," one officer said.

"First, she needs to get a wheelchair," Harry butted in.

"Of course," the officer responded.

"Excuse me ma'am, may I have a wheelchair for this young lady here?" the officer asked a nurse.

She nodded her head and went off to find a wheelchair.

Within moments, she was back with a wheelchair and Harry sat me down into it.

"My name is Officer Paul Higgins," I nodded, "So what exactly happened?" Officer Paul asked me.

"Well I was just sitting in the car, listening to music. I waiting for Harry, my boyfriend, to join me in the car. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, this black car hit me and I blacked out." I said, I didn't have that much information because it happened so quickly.

"Are you at odds with James Wright?" the officer asked.

"Umm, yes. He doesn't get along with me or my friends but I never thought he would go to the extreme of him trying to kill me."

"So you believe it was attempted murder?"

Harry stepped into the conversation, "I saw it with my own eyes and he was going over sixty in a parking lot. It was one hundred percent on purpose."

"I see," Officer Paul said while nodding and looking to the other police officers around him, "We are going to get some more evidence from the crime scene."

"Thank you, sir." I lightly smiled.

"Don't worry, Skye, we will take care of this and James will be punished," He squeezed my hand in assurance and I was glad that he was doing all he could to get James to pay for what he's done.

He opened his mouth to say one last thing to me, but his cell phone rang. He held up a finger for me to wait just a second.

"Hello?" he responded to the call. There was a long silence while he listened to person on the other end of the line.

"I will arrest him immediately," he said into the phone, and I could have sworn I saw a hint of a smile form on his face.

"Is everything alright?" I asked while he hung up.

Paul smiled, "We are arresting James. They found a huge amount of drugs in his car and he is being charged with attempted murder."

*

*

*

Two Weeks Later

Skye's POV

Things were going perfectly. James and Kate were both going to jail because apperantly it was Kate's car that he used to crash into mine, and she was convicted because of the possession of illegal drugs. Serves that hoe right. So we didn't have to worry about James anymore. I decided to just stay with Harry in his dorm room, instead of moving back in with Perrie.

It was Friday evening and Harry told me that he had a surprise for me and I couldn't wait to see it. He was taking a shower and then he said that he would take me to my surprise.

"Hey babe," he said while walking into the room with messy wet hair and a towel wrapped loosely around his waist.

"Hey," I said while scanning his body.

"What are you looking at?" he teased.

I blushed, "Nothing. Now get dressed cause I want to know what my surprise it!"

He got dressed while I finished my American Lit class paper on my bed.

He walked over to me, hovering over the bed, "You ready?"

I nodded and pecked his lips while I stood up, grabbing my crutches that were beside the bed.

After about twenty minutes of driving, we came across a store called 'Inked' and I quickly came to the realization that it was a tattoo parlor.

"What are we doing here?" I smiled
because I think I know the answer to that question.

"Do you remember when we were laying in bed and you were tracing my tattoos?" I nodded, "Well you told me that you wanted to get a tattoo. So here we are."

I was actually happily surpised that Harry remembered, "I love you, Harry. So much."

"I love you too."

We entered the shop and were greeted by a tattooed woman at the front desk.

"Are you Mr. Styles?" she kindly asked Harry.

Harry nodded.

"Well your artists will be out with you in just a minute!" he sent us a large smile, "You can sit on the couch while you wait, if you'd like."

"Thank you!" I said while following Harry over to the couch.

"So what are we getting?"

"What ever you want," he kissed my forehead.

Well shit. I don't know what I want.

But then I suddenly remembered a tattoo I wanted to get when I was younger.

It was a quote that said, 'It is what it is'.

"Are you getting one?" I looked up to Harry.

"Yup," he shortly answered.

"And?" I prodded.

"And what?"

"What are you getting?"

"That is going to have to be a surprise, Skye."

Moments later, two tattoo artists came out. One guy and one girl.

The can up to me and she extended her arm, "Hello! My name is Lanie, and i'll be doing your tattoo today!"

I shook her hand, "My name is Skye."

She smiled, "Okay, follow me to the back. Have you figured out what tattoo you want to get?"

"I think so!"

"Great!"

We sat down at what I presumed was her station.

"So what were you thinking?" she asked.

"I want to words 'It is what it is' on my wrist. And I want to get it in three lines,"

"Great, now what font would you like?" she pulled out a book of fonts and I decided on one that was simple but pretty.

"Well give me a few minutes to sketch it up and we will get started!" she announced while heading to the back.

"Thank you!" I replied back.

"Of course!" she replied sweetly.

Well, now i'm getting my first tattoo. Let's go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pauly <3