Into the tiger's den

Maul watched the young Jedi sit quietly in the room they were in. He could see the sweat roll down the Jedi's skin as they were on the lava planet. The longer Maul watched this Jedi the more he noticed that the alarm in his head was silent. Maul could sense the strong connection he had with the Force. It was certainly something he could use to destroy his master.

Obi-wan felt highly uncomfortable as he felt the demon's eyes on him. The planet was so hot, the underlayer of his robes were soaked with his sweat. When Maul had taken his eyes off of him, he looked at the handcuffs he wore. Only a lightsaber or a blaster bolt could free him. Same with the collar. Obi-wan shivered as he felt the Sith's eyes back on him.

"It's useless to think that I cannot hear you. Your mind is shielding by nothing with that collar on. Your rescue is going to be fruitless as well. I nearly gutted your master during our last encounter. If it were not for you, he would be as cold as Hoth and dead, still laying in that reactor room on Naboo." Maul spoke as he looked away from Obi-wan and walked to a window in the room. 

"My master is smarter than you think he is," Obi-wan spoke as calmly as he could. "He'll come for me and free me."

"I hope he tries and when he does, he'll be dead." Maul then looked over his shoulder at Obi-wan. "Of course, I'll keep you alive long enough to watch me slaughter him."

Obi-wan was silent for a long time verbally and mentally. Maul mentally smirked at himself.

"Of course there's a way to save your master from his death." Maul was amused by the cautious look on Obi-wan's face that quickly turned away from the Sith.

"Come now padawan. Even you know your master stands no chance against me."  Maul spoke with the eeriest calmness Obi-wan ever heard and it sent him into a small panic. "Your master would have died by my hands if you were not there and once he comes again to save you, you will not be able to save him."

Maul could sense Obi-wan's thought's swirling. He could hear how Obi-wan was denying his request but he could also hear how Obi-wan was tempted.

"To save your master, you will have to join me and become my apprentice. Join the Dark Side and I shall not kill your master." Maul offered and Obi-wan slowly looked at him in shock.