Chapter 11

Hey everyone~ Hope you're enjoying the story. Let's see what happens.

Sohoku High

Everyone was on break before the next class. In the first-year floor, Onoda, Naruko, and Sugimoto were grouped together in the classroom. However, both Onoda and Sugimoto were chocked by what Naruko told them.

"Y-you did ten laps yesterday," Onoda gaped. Naruko was leaning his head on his desk while sighing.

"Imaizumi rode about three laps against Kinjou-san, didn't he," Sugimoto whispered, and Onoda nodded.

"I lost eight times," Naruko groaned, "that old man's super strong. I haven't trained enough."

"Now, now," Sugimoto reassured, "oh, I know. Why don't we go shopping for a change? There's some new frames at this shop...us three can go together." However, Naruko just gave a dull look.

"A-ah! You're clearly not interested..." As he continued to talk, Naruko put his head down. He kept thinking of all those laps he lost. He also remembered afterwards.

Flashback....

"Ahahahah~!"

"Don't laugh, old man!"

"Don't call me that! Besides...you're just sore that I beat you again." Tadakoro laughed as a tick mark formed on Naruko's head.

"Tsk! Whatever..." He frowned as he closed the door behind him. The redhead got on his bike and rode towards the main gate. However, he saw someone waiting for him.

"Ah..."

"Hey."

"Ono--ah, I mean...Kyoko-senpai. What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I can't let my kouhai go home late by themselves."

"I-I didn't ask you to stay," he mumbled, feeling embarrassed. This only made Kyoko chuckle. About halfway, they rode together, and Naruko kept complaining about practice.

"I just seriously wanna rip that smug look off his face," he glared downward.

"I kind of understand," Kyoko implied. They soon came to a fork in the road and stopped on the empty pavement.

"He's looking down on me. I'm totally weak..."

BONK

"Ow! Why'd you hit me?" Naruko rubbed his head.

"Dummy," she sighed, "of course he's strong."

"Huh?"

"Why wouldn't he be? You both are different in size, stamina, strength, and speed. Despite that, you're persistent, stubborn, and confident...all things that make you two so similar." Kyoko rubbed his head.

"That's what makes you so cool." Naruko blushed from her sudden praise. He looked away.

"W-well...it makes sense that I'm cool."

"If anything, your like a red-bean growing its branches."

"Hah?!" Naruko was taken back by the nickname.

"Ah, your face looks like a red-bean, now."

"S-shut up!"

"Well, I'll see you later, red-bean."