Untrustworthy

"Im glad you chose to join me." Teyla confessed. She smiled at Michael as they walked into the gym.

The sun was still low in the sky. The bright orange light filled the room that was once used by the ancients, for what, one could only guess. Now it was a space used for sparring and physical combat exercises.

The room was oddly shaped with stacks of blue mats along the back wall and a punching bag in one of the corners. A large square blue mat laid in the centre. The only piece of furniture was a wooden bench that sat in front of the room's only window. Teyla set her bag there.

"You wont be." Michael growled as he sat down. He began untying his shoes.

"I guess we will soon see." Teyla set two smooth fighting sticks beside Michael. She took two of her own and stood at the furthest of the four corners of the mat.

Teyla began stretching, she reached down to the floor extending her hands to her bare toes. As Teyla continued stretching Michael took a long white piece of cloth out of his pocket. He began wrapping it around his right hand, covering his feeding slit.

"You can feed through fabric, can you not?"

Michael looked up at Teyla. She was still on the mat but she had assumed a different position, lunging to her side and reaching over her leg.

"Yes," he replied. "I thought this might make you more comfortable." Michael finished wrapping the cloth around is hand and tied it on itself.

Teyla thought about telling him that it was not necessary but she could not get the words to leave her mouth. Instead she simply nodded and continued stretching.

"Right." Michael said to himself. He stood up, grabbing the two fighting sticks and stepped onto the mat. "Should we start then?"

"I am ready." Teyla said as she stood up straight, a wooden weapon in each hand. She held them out in front of her, her right arm lifted higher than her left. She held her weight in the balls of her feet and stood ready to defend.

Michael flipped each stick effortlessly around in each hand, like a gun-slinger from the Wild West spinning his Colt. He quickly stepped forward striking with his left and then his right hand. Teyla easily blocked both blows with her own sticks. Michael quickly repositioned, spinning around then striking again, right and then left. Teyla blocked both, one after the other with her right stick, then swung her left through, striking Michael's side.

Michael groaned from the impact. He backed up and threw both his arms up catching Teyla's next swing in his sticks. Using his right leg he kicked her chest, pushing her away from him.

Teyla coughed as she tried to catch her breath again. This match was much different than when they had sparred together before. Michael was stronger and faster. He remembered his body and knew how to fight in it.

Teyla ducked just in time to miss Michael's right leg coming at her. She grabbed his thigh as it went over her and lifted it up causing him to fall to the floor. She quickly pinned him down and placed her stick at his throat.

Michael gave her a second to enjoy her temporary victory before using his knees to flip Teyla over his head.

Teyla quickly got to her feet and faced Michael. They had switched corners of the mat. Short hairs fell free from Teyla's ponytail and brushed against her face. Her bangs were out of place and slightly damp with sweat. She stayed on her toes and tried to control her breathing as she began moving counter clockwise around the mat.

Michael looked as if he had done nothing. His hair was still perfectly spiked up and his skin was dry, free of any sweat and his breathing was steady and slow. He stared at Teyla as he matched her circling.