Chapter 1

Misty's POV

Dawn and I had been wandering through the forest for a few hours now just searching for food to eat. According to Leaf, we only had 5 dollars left of money that could be spent on nothing due to the raise of pricing in the town nearby. I sighed when I found no luck searching for any berries or fruits. Dawn however was jumping up and down pointing at something. I walked towards her and widened my eyes as I saw what it was.

A whole box of food supplies. But who would leave it here just like this?

"Dawn, how'd you find this?" I asked her suspiciously.

"The box was just laying here so I guess it wouldn't hurt to take it... no one seems to be here to collect it so finders keepers!" Dawn cheered.

I decided that this would be useful to feed the four of us back at the cottage as we were broke and ran out of food. Thanks to a certain someone who overeats...not naming who.

Dawn grabbed the box and lifted it off the ground. We began walking back to the cottage when a voice interrupted our trek back home.

"HEY YOU TWO! GET BACK HERE, THAT FOOD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!" The voice shouted from behind us.

We turned around to see a man, more like a soldier charging for us, his hand was armed with a knife.

"Dawn, come on let's move!" I urged her when she was stood still in horror, her eyes staring at the sharpened knife in the soldiers hand.

I shoved her so she stumbled and snapped her head to me in annoyance. Without arguing, she rolled her eyes and ran off with the box and me trailing on her heels. And the soldier still running after us. We began sprinting extremely fast, and thanks to us living in the forest for so long, we had adjusted to easily dodge all the vines, tree branches and sticks and all sorts of hazardous things in the way.

"That food is needed for the royals! Not a bunch of homeless teenagers." The soldier was shouting at us.

Luckily his weapons were weighing him down and he soon disappeared in the distance behind us. I guess he wasn't prepared to be chasing anyone today then.

After a while, we soon stopped for a break. I knew Dawn would want one since she was complaining about her aching arms all the way back.

Later on we had finally arrived back at the cottage we have taken refuge in ever since we left our kingdoms. The four of us were former princesses.

May was the princess of the Fire Kingdom, run by King Norman and Queen Caroline. She had a younger brother who she hadn't seen ever since her Kingdom was destroyed, although she still hoped that he was out there somewhere. May was the fighter out of all four of us. She never gave up until it was over and was very persistent and persuasive. She always made sure to protect us no matter what. But she sure did have a big appetite.

Dawn was the princess of the Wind Kingdom, run by a lonely Queen named Johanna, who refused to marry ever again. Dawn was an only child and had always been close to her mother. Dawn was always the cheerful one of the group, but if angered, she had a fiery temper and that was not one to mess with.

Leaf was princess of the Earth Kingdom, a kingdom run by King Red and Queen Yellow. (A/N I had to make up something...) Like Dawn, Leaf had been an only child but was always friends with the animals that came by the castle. She was like the one who always looked out for us if we were in trouble. Although she doesn't act kind all the time, she had a good heart.

I was princess of the Water Kingdom, a Kingdom run by myself and my sisters. The king and queen also known as my so called mother and father, had abandoned the castle, and myself and my sisters. We were forced to rule the kingdom ourselves. I had been trained to defend myself by my three sisters Lily, Daisy and Violet just in case I had to protect myself. I haven't heard from them since I fled the castle. I was the one who taught May, Dawn and Leaf how to fight properly so we all had a chance of defense.