Chapter 5

Misty's POV

After we separated, I decided I would go to the dairy section where none of the other girls were going to go to. There were assortments of dairy treats on tables where customers lined up ready to pay for their food.

"Excuse me ma'am, may I please buy the Edam cheese and the milk?" I asked a shopkeeper while pointing at the items.

"Of course." I handed her my money and took the supplies in a bag.

After deciding that was enough of cheese and milk, I began to head back to where we separated from each other but then I heard a scream. More like several screams. Specifically from the vegetables section. My eyes widened in alarm. Leaf was over there.

I swung the bag of milk and cheese over my shoulders and gasped at the weight. Careful not to spill anything from the bag, I ran full speed towards the vegetable section of the market. I saw someone running to the source of the sound as well, they looked very familiar.

I saw Leaf standing there staring at something. Her eyes were wide with horror and her mouth was slightly open in shock. I saw that Gerald guy look at her then at what was on the ground. His eyes also widened to a size they probably shouldn't be at.

I watched as she spoke to Gerald in a rush but I couldn't hear her message due to the huge ruckus people were causing around me. They were shoving and speaking in loud panicked voices. I watched as Leaf ran after Gerald once he left the crowd.

I was about to follow until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Ma'am, I think you should leave the area now. It's not safe." I saw a familiar face under a hood.

I looked around and noticed everyone had left the area and it was just me and this guy. Alf.

"Right." I nodded as I allowed him to guide me through the streets to the exit of the market.

"Are you alright?" I heard Alf ask me in concern although he didn't know who I was.

"Yes I am, thank you." I replied with a small smile.

"Do I know you? You sound quite familiar." He said observing my face.

"I don't think so sir. There are plenty of women around here. It was probably just one of them you heard." I told him.

"Hm, but you sound exactly like someone I met a day ago... but you don't have her hair or her Cerulean eyes." Alf said while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh?" I replied dumbfounded. He actually remembered me.

"Yes. I've been looking for her. That's why me and my friends are out here today. We wanted to look for these four girls who we met yesterday." He explained.

"Really?" I asked with suspicion.

"Yep. We wanted to ask them about these food thieves." He said with a grin.

I felt a bit disappointed with his answer. That was the only reason why he wanted to find us again. About food. Of course.

"I have to go now and find my friends. Please don't tell anyone you saw me." Alf said hurriedly and then he rushed off pulling his hood over his head a bit more.

I stared after him with a raised eyebrow. Why didn't he want anyone to know I saw him?

I did something I was surely going to regret later. I followed him.

I wove through crowds of people who were hurrying to get to the safety of their homes and I kept my eyes on a certain hooded person who was easily moving through the crowd. I watched as he walked up to the gates of a familiar building.