part 12

"Claire" she heard someone say softly. she looked up to see Shane standing with Michael in front of her.They were staring at myrnin, Michael's mouth was open and the light of the streetlamp made his golden hair yellow.Shane hesitantly took a step foward, "what happened..." he asked softly.she tried to answer but she couldn't the only thing she could manage was a small sound between her gasps of air.

Shane walked quickly came over to Claire and knelt in front of her and carefully moved a strand of hair out of her face.

"Claire talk to me" Shane was talking to Michael about getting Amelie but to Claire it was all just noise.the only thing she could hear was myrnin saying she could bring him back.

Shane put a hand onto Claire's shoulder and was talking to her now but she couldnt feel his hand, she could feel myrnins limp body and this horrible feeling of loss.

She wasn't sure how long she sat in the floor like this for but she broke out of her small trance when she felt a cold hand on her arm.It wasn't humanly cold and was clearly a vampires.She looked down at the delicate smooth handa holding her arm, and she knew it was Amelie.

She sat down next to Claire. she was wearing the same clothes she was wearing in the hospital but she wasn't looking like the Founder of morganville anymore who was all about business. she looked like a normal person who was dealing with

the grief of losing a great freind.

"pass him to me Claire" she Said softly and put her arms out to take myrnin off her.

"he said..." she was shivering so much she couldn't speak properly and the gasping breaths didn't help either.

"he...he said I could help him Amelie that he could be brought back..." she looked into Amelies eyes.

"Claire...." she sighed.

"he was dying and he probably was worried and said things that aren't true.... pass him to me now okay? and we will sort everything out?" she had never seemed so kind and understanding towards Claire and it was strange to hear her sound like that.

"Claire" Shane whispered.

Claire reluctantly handed myrnins limp body to her.Amelie carefully took him.

"She is in shock take her home and clean her up" a voice said behind her. Claire hadnt realised but when Amelie had come she had brought Oliver and Theo with her.

Theo was staring at Amelie but Oliver was looking at Claire with concern.Shane took both of Claire's blood covered hands and pulled her up and wrapped her into a hug.

She was still shaking and crying but silently without the gasping breaths.She took a few breaths and started to walk towards the black Hurst parked under the street lamp.Michael opened the door for Claire and she whispered soemthing that was ment to be a thank you, she hoped it came out like that.She climbed into the car and Shane got in the other side and sat In the middle Michael sat next to him.

Eve turned around and her goth makeup was a mess on her face. she had black smears coming down her face she gave Claire a small smile and started to drive off.

Claire looked out the window as they drove past Amelie and Oliver and she got what could be the last glimps of myrnins body.

It was a short silent drive to the glass house.When she got in she went and sat on the sofa and stared into the distance.Everyone else was watching her from the hallway.

"you guys should..." Michaell started to walk to Eve and Shane.They both nodded and walked towards claire.

Michael led Alex off upstairs probably to show him his room and things.

Eve sat next to Claire and held her hand, whilst shane walked into the kitchen.Her and Eve sat in the silence untill Shane came back with a bowl of water and a cloth in one hand and a drink of water in the other.

Claire took off the jumper she was wearing which was covered in blood and sat there with her Clean tank top on and her blood covered jeans.Shane wiped Claire's hands and face with the cloth.The water turned a light red colour.

"Claire please say something" Eve said to her.

"He's dead Eve.He wasn't ment to ever die but he has" Claire started crying again and eve wrapped her into a hug.

"I know sweetie, I know...." Eve said whilst hugging her.They sat in silence for a while untill Claire stopped crying.

"Lets go get you out of those jeans okay?" eve said and stood up and helped Claire up.

Claire got into her pyjamas and sat on the bed.Shane came in and nodded at Eve who agave Claire one last hug and headed out the door.

Shane came and hugged Claire and slowly rocked her back and forth like a small child. And she slowly drifted to sleep.