Scared straight

Watching from the trees, Erik sneered as he saw Jellal talking to a girl. Jellal swung from one of the swings and the girl, who had pink hair, swung from the other. 

Erik had put Jellal in school the moment he turned 8, he immediately regretted it. It bothered him that he was alone all the time now that Jellal was at school. Plus, instead of just having a normal conversation, Jellal would talk about Meredy. His new 'Best' friend. 

It always infuriated him that Meredy was the only thing on his mind. 

The two swinging children eventually stopped swinging and just talked. He clenched his fists and bared teeth. He then felt a shocking presence. Literally.

He looked over his shoulder to see another floating entity. He was gold and bigger than Erik's form. His eyes glowed white, but he also had a rather nasty scar, which was in the shape of a lightning bolt. He had horns like an argali sheep. This was Greed.

"Hello Laxus." Erik sighed, turning back to the school yard. The entity sat down next to him and shifted into a human. He stretched out his arms and yawned. "So, how's the surface world? Dry? Salty?" 

Erik groaned at his question. "Terrible. Do you have any idea how many hunters I've had to deal with? Too fucking many. Don't even get me started on the monsters. Like every week, dude. I can't even raise my fucking kid right."

"Why the monsters attacking yo-Oh wait never mind." Laxus chuckled, remembering why. He then snapped his fingers. A bottle of booze appeared in his hand and he drank from it. 

"Why hasn't Lucifer escaped from hell yet?" Erik asked. "We broke all the seals didn't we?"

Laxus shook his head. "Nope. Turns out there were more seals."

"Really?"

"Yeah. We were able to get some but there's one more. Lucifer can't seem to figure out where the hell it is."

The two winced as the school bell rang from the school house below them. Laxus gave the booze bottle to Erik and grinned. "Happy birthday."
Laxus then turned back to his mist form and flew away leaving a trail of yellow mist behind. Jellal, along with numerous children, excited the school gates and ran into the waiting arms of there parents.

Meredy made her way over to a tall teenage boy that held her hand. She waved at Jellal before the two walked away. Erik jumped down from the tree and landed a few feet away from Jellal. "You don't always have to do that." Jellal walked over to Erik and smiled. "You can just wait with the other parents."

"Nah!" Erik grabbed Jellal's backpack and carried it behind his shoulder. "I'm not like other parents. I'm cooler."

A fake laugh came from Jellal's mouth, causing Erik to look down at him and sigh. He knew something had happen. "Did those bullies beat the shit outta you again?"