Chapter 6

This one's kinda short, sorry :(
Also, not where I wanted to go with the story, but ??? It's done and now I'm gonna pass out.
I'll edit any errors tomorrow
Enjoy~

________________

You walk past Guzma, flicking through the papers the grunt had given you moments before and wait for an answer to your question. He runs a hand through his black undercut as you sit and place the papers at your desk. "Wanna, like, go out for dinner, or somethin'?" You glance at him, cocking an eyebrow. His cheeks dust a light pink as he continues, seeing that you haven't responded. "If yer not busy or whatever. Like, whenever yer free or somethin'." He looks away from you, considering leaving and pretending the situation didn't ever happen.
"That would be nice," you begin. "Though I do have a few concerns." He seems to have cheered up at your first statement, grinning broadly.
"Okay, throw em at me."
"First off; Jamie has nightmares, and comes in here regularly, as you know. I don't want him to be scared while I'm out having dinner with you. Second; are you considering this a date? Third; will it only be dinner?" He seems a bit taken back by your questions and concerns.
"Uhh- can ya, like, make J all chill before we leave? I mean it'll be okay at night, people don' really like seein' me. It's not a date unless ya want it ta be," he winks, and you reply by rolling your eyes. "An lastly.... it depends on where we go. If it's near anywhere cool, I'd love ta show ya around an' stuff."
"Hmm.... okay, sounds good. Let's make it semi formal, alright? I don't want to walk around for the first time in public looking like a tourist with a gangster at my side." You laugh quietly, and he stays quiet. "When will it be?" You ask.
"Is tomorrow night chill?" He asks and you nod.
Suddenly, A bursts through the door, a Pokéball clutched in his hand. He's panting and (what's visible) his face is red from running. "Boss! The kid's on her way! She's wantin' to battle you, yo!" Guzma shakes his head and sighs.
"Ah fuck... why can't that brat jus' mind 'er own damn business." He pinches the bridge of his nose and walks over to the door. Before he leaves, however, he looks at you and says, "go grab yer sylveon. He's been dyin ta see ya. I'll meet ya at ma's house." You feel a jolt of excitement run through you as you hear what he says. You run past him, into his room and as soon as you enter, Xinos exits his ball and bounds over to you. After hugging him and feeding him what you have left of some pokepuffs from your bag, you give Guzma a hug and prepare to leave the Team Skull headquarters.

......

It is well beyond sunset once you arrive back at Guzma's old house. You take your signature three Pokémon out, and set your stuff down. "Plumeria really did a nice job at cleaning up after herself when she was getting my clothes..." you think, seeing opened drawers and a few chip bags scattered across the house. You quickly pick up the trash and head to the comfortable bed of the master bedroom, face planting on it wearing everything but your shoes from the day. You are about to fall asleep when you hear a knock at the door. Groaning, you get up to see whose there. Guzma and Jamie greet you.
"Hi there," you say, more so to Jamie than Guzma. "What brings you two here?" You ask, picking up the tired seven year old and giving Guzma an odd glance.
"He got real upset when he found out ya left. He wants ta help ya out 'n stuff." You notice Jamie's not wearing his little Team Skull tank top. Instead, he's wearing a light blue shirt and khaki shorts.
"Did he quit?"
" for as long as you're in alola, yeah." He sighs and looks at his watch. "A and B are gonna visit you as much as they can, so be prepared." He looks disheveled, and keeps glancing around.
"What's up?" You ask, and he snaps his attention to you.
" I uh... Kid stopped by an' kicked my ass. And are ya sure my parents aren't here? I swear I can hear shit happenin' in their room."
"It's only my Pokémon. Hey- it's late and you look like a mess. Stay the night, okay?" It wasn't an option, and you hope he takes up on that. Thankfully, he does.
"'K. I'm gonna make some tapu coco, want any?"
"Uhh... sure...?" You've never heard of tapu coco. "I'm going to go put Jamie to bed. I'll meet you out here?" He nods and you head over to Guzma's old room.