Chapter 10

"GOOOOOD EVENING EVERYBODY!" An over-excited, tan waitress says, passing both you and Guzma your own plates and menus. You smile sweetly and order your drink, a simple ice water, and look at Guzma as he orders his. When she walks away, you take a very short glance at the menu, decide on what you want, and continue looking at Guzma. After a while, he sets his menu down and finally realizes your watch.
"Uhh... wh-what are ya lookin' at? 'S there somethin' on my face already?" He asks, subconsciously rubbing at the side of his mouth and glancing at his hand. "'S there somethin' wrong? D'i look weird?" You laugh and shake your head.
"Ohh no, no. I just cant help but notice how much effort you put into your appearance tonight." Smiling, you look to his hair, which looks slightly less poofy than normal. "Did you... put hair gel on? Your hair looks a little... crunchy...?" He flushes, and you're unaware of if its out of anger or embarrassment.
"I uhh.... yeah... i shouldn't have. I know the shit never works, plus its years old. Haha..." He rubs at his undercut a little, just barely avoiding eye contact, looking at your nose and cheek area. "Hey, uh, thanks for comin' out here tonight. 'S been awhile since Ive been able to uh... feel normal. Or y'know... alone. Somewhat...?" He shakes his head and lays it down on the table, his ears turning red. A muffled noise now coming from his side of the table says, "thaths not what I meanf... phug. I'm thorry." You smile even wider and respond with;
"It's completely fine, definitely not the worst insult I've ever had, haha." You gently lift his head up off of the table enough for him to look at you as you wink, showing him that you're joking, and gently letting him back down onto the table. "Though, for someone to be dressed so very nicely, its a shame you're not showing proper table etiquette to go along with it." He sighs deeply and sits back up, though slouching more than he usually does.
" Well sometimes ya cant just have both... ahh shit. Hey- why dont we just start over, okay? Ive totally made a baaaaddd impression. I wanna try 'n make it better. Make myself look better in your eyes.... or whateva." His cheeks take on a light rosy color while his ears turn red. "Uhh... Hi. M'name's Guzma." He holds out a hand lazily and grins, more genuinely than his usual dumb smirk. "And you are...?"
You laugh and eagerly take his hand, which is a lot softer than you expected from the man. "My name is (y/n). It's very nice to meet you again, Guzma." He chuckles and seems to ease up a little, which makes you happy in return.
" Ah! Ive heard a lot about you, miss (y/n). Though you must not be from around here! Big bad Guzma knows everyone, and yet, you seem ta be a new face. Where have ya been? And howdya get here?"

**********************************

After about an hour of talk and delicious, flavorful tropical food, you walk with Guzma back home, per his insistent, arms interlocked, again, as he had insisted. Along the path he begins asking you about the random things you are wearing, which usually end in you telling him they're simply from either Johto or Kalos. He finally stops with the opal ring on your right hand. "Ah... so I see you're not married, good thing for me, hahaha! But, where did ya get that?"
You sigh shortly and decrease your walking speed. "It's uhh... from an old friend. I havent seen him in a very long time, Guz. I wear it to remember him." You look at the two opals next to each other as they gleam in the moonlight, many many memories rushing back to you as you remember battling, rivaling, talking, and exploring with your first friend in Unova.
"Hey doll- 'r you okay? Ya seem uhh...upset? Did I do somethin'?" You shake your head and hold his arm a little bit closer to you. He suddenly stops and envelops you in a ginormous full torso hug, resting his head on your shoulder as he slouches downm over you, holding you close. " 'm sorry, doll face. Wasn' th' best idea doin all that. I can see i brought up some stuff." You nod and smile, pulling away from his hug and telling him its okay.

When you both finally arrive 'home', you take off your shoes and pause. " I uh... dont really want you having to walk and fly back to Po Town," you say, " But I have entirely no idea where you could sleep, seeing that Jamie has taken your old bed..."
"Ah, dont sweat it, dolly. Ill jus' get a hotel 'n be fiiiine." He grabs his coat and turns to leave, but you grab his sleeve before he can walk out of the door.
"No- uhh... I dont want to trouble you with that, I mean, you did treat me to dinner and walk me home... I might as well give you some hospitality in return, right?" You glance at his feet as he turns around, just barely seeing his big stupid grin.
"Whaaaat? Ya want me ta stay the night here!? Well how about that! I'm just gettin' luckier and luckier. Next thing is that ill be hearin' ya wanna sleep with me!" You face flushes bright red and you swat at his arm.
"N-NO!! That's not at all- no!!!" His smile broadens and he hugs you again.
" i know, I know. I'm jus' pullin' yer leg hahaha... but if ya really want me to stay, ill sleep on tha couch, it'll be no big deal. Cool?"
You frown, but accept, wanting him to be able to sleep in a bed, but him declining using yours. "I mean... Okay. Come in and wake me up if you need anything, though, okay? You're never coming in to bother me, no matter how big or small the situation is." And with that, he nods, getting a blanket and pillows out from a closet and settling onto the couch as you go to the master bedroom to change before heading to bed yourself.

*************************

You wake up to a soft knock at your door. Groggily, you go to open it and see a messy haired giant towering above you, grey eyes half closed. " 'M back hurts. I'm comin in here, 'n youre stayin'." You sigh as he pushes past you, taking the considerably neater side of the bed and turning over to sleep. You walk slowly back to the bed yourself and start to get comfortable.

After a night of tossing and turning, your sleep deprived mind finds something soft and warm in the bed, and your immediate instinct is to grab onto it and hold it close, so you do. After doing so, you seem to find falling asleep to come way easier, and you quickly drift off into sweet, dreamy, nothingness.

————————————-

Hey guys 
It's currently 3:31 in the A.M. and I'm TIRED but i couldn't sleep with all the words on my mind
'I hope you enjoyed this chapter and my half assed picture1 love y'all ;]