Chapter Seven: Temporary Solace

A/N:

Song: Abandoned by Isolated

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seven: Temporary Solace

Something woke me up.

I look around the room with a start. It was dark and quiet, just like I remember when I dosed off in here. I went back to my quiet, out of the way, basement room in case Lady showed up and was waiting for me there. But she wasn't around and I couldn't sense her very well, so she was still pretty far away. I fell asleep, waiting around.

My new hobby.

I get up from the bed and notice that the lights hadn't turned on when I moved. Walking towards the door and out into the dimly lit hallway that was similar to those creepy hospital hallways. You know; dull light, white walls with cold floor with doors lining the sides. All that fun...that spooked the hell out of me when I first realised where I was. It was probably because it was underground and deserted that gave it the ambience of a creepy horror movie.

I see a shadow slumped against the entrance door, making me jump forty feet in the air. Fuck me.

The heavily breathing shadow looked up with glowing mismatched eyes and I quickly run over to him, sliding to my knees in front of him. "X?"

He pulls me into a rib breaking hug, his breath shuddering in his chest and his wet hair and clothes soaked me in an instant.

"X?" Slightly panicking here.

"Sorry...Just give me a second...Let the song...die...let the melody...stop."

He was freezing to the touch but that didn't stop me from wrapping my arms around him. "That bad?"

"Outside...the Outside...screaming...calling...never stopping...always... ....But here. 'Here' is...the song is..." He moves his head down to my chest. "Alive."

I look around his back and see that he had a few rips in his shirt...there was darker wet patches lingering along the rips. My eyes widen in panic, "X, you're bleeding!"

"It's ok. It will stop...just needed to rest...needed to find...and I'm here. I found...always needing to find 'here'. I found the peaceful quiet and...I'm 'here'."

"X!" I snap grabbing his face and forcing him to look me in the eye, "What happened?"

"Fight...restless...something is making it restless..."

The 'Storm's Eye' will open soon. The words knock around in my skull, to the extent that I realise that I said them out loud as X's eyes widen before he took my hands from his face and into my own.

He surprises me as he quickly steals my thoughts as his cold lips sought my own, almost stealing away the warmth along with my breath.

"X!" I protest between gasps, feeling myself on the verge of losing it and wanting to fall into the addled lust. "You need to -ah!" He lightly kisses down to my collar bone before latching onto my neck, making my back shutter and electrify with the shock. So close to the edge...

X comes back to my lips, indulging himself in exploring my mouth with his hand supporting the base of my neck, pushing me deeper into the kiss. I feel myself reaching to grab hold of him before I went crazy, my heart hammering in my chest and the feel of his cold skin sent a nerve killing tingling down my body, pooling under my gut. I didn't realise that my eyes had shut when I hear small beep that made me freeze and open my eyes to see a small blue light enter my vision. I see that X's earpiece still tucked neatly into his ear and X froze as I reach up and grab the thing, putting it close to my ear.