Chapter Twelve: Noble

A/N: first year of uni in the bag...for the third time...*ahem*  (;¬_¬)

Sorry again for the delaying in updating all the time \(_ _ ;)

Shout out to @Miathebrave4 ! Please go check out their stuff, they even have an illustration of Kae and X which is lovely  ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/147560651-my-shit-storm/parts

I don't know if the link will work here but I've also put it in the comment section below as well

I'm beginning to think I need to put warning labels on these stories, "May induce regular irritation and eternal frustration at the author, and random bouts of singing random Disney songs" is what I'm thinking.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twelve: Noble

I was deciding whether or not I should waste more time in the dining hall with either a third dessert (aka ice-cream that I deliberately ate with a teaspoon) or my second cup of juice before I noticed X walking through the doorway. I never felt so much relief in my entire life until I saw my equivalent of a prince on a white horse marched on through the dining hall. ...wait...in that kind of troupe...that makes me the princess...? I...can't see myself in a pink ball gown...and now I do...great. Fuck. No. And the prince...was...X. I don't think he'd agree to wearing a sash or puff-sleeves...or white...or own a horse...or sing in a musical...or dance...

Too much Disney.

X walked between the tables and chairs while I was...seriously questioning my mental state. He silently beelined, grabbing my arm and dragging me away. He glared at anyone who looked like they were going to try something. The reaction of most was just freezing bug-eyed or retreating as we shuffled passed. I felt a moment of elation before the fucking pirate wolf-whistled and I couldn't control the urge to flip off a back finger as we disappeared into the hallway. X didn't slow, even when we got to the elevator, he didn't even check if Lady had made it or not. She hadn't and I could feel a distant tantrum coming on but it was behind closed doors.

The entire way down he was silent while still with the tight grip on my arm even when the doors opened up onto the familiar dark basement that I've grown to know and love... He continued to drag me through into the darkness towards the tunnels, ignoring his old hiding spot in the attendant room.

"You don't wanna go to your hideout?" I voice as he walks down to the tracks. Now that I think about it, hasn't used it since we got back from Switzerland.

"No...they will be less willing to do as Seth bids, the further away we are."

Bring up that bastard's name soured me back into silence once again.

I never liked walking these tunnels, they eerily reminded me of the drains back where we found Zoe. It felt like a lifetime ago...

Or those scary YouTube videos you stumble upon when you were only looking at cute cat videos at first...in my case it was Cody tricking the six-year-old me into watching one with a cave explorer going into an abandoned mine and things...moved when they shouldn't. Freaked me out for weeks. I wonder if YouTube even still exists now...?

Reminiscing distracted me from the walk back towards the medical ward that seems to be my permanent home lately. I hated it. It felt like a prison. White walls and the smell of disinfectant permanently burning through my nostrils until it made me dizzy...But if it meant that I didn't need to worry about any stupid water balloons...

The minute we walked through the threshold that cut us off from the tunnels and the rest of the world...the animosity and the putrid heat of Bolin and the distaste I seem to leave in my wake, X wrapped himself around me once again.