Chapter Thirteen: Stubborn

A/N: Song: Ethel by Unlike Pluto

I really enjoy his songs 

and uh...hi...long time no see...sorry (;-_-)/(as always) 

but hey...chapter!

------------------------

Chapter Thirteen: Stubborn

Seth came banging on the front door of the underground clinic in the afternoon. I had spent the entire day literally under a blanket, pretending the world didn't exist, like the child I am. I didn't budge, even after the number of knocks increased in frequency with impatience at the lack of movement I had going on. I might hate this uncomfortable slab that I'm forced to call a "bed" but it felt like paradise at this fucking moment.

I hear the door to the hallway slide open, I quickly take a peak to see X silent go out. Probably to go say 'hi'...or (and I'd prefer) tell him to 'fuck off'. There was silence for a few seconds, only for the rapping on the door for this room instead. X, you bastard. I didn't even want to acknowledge him, so instead I buried myself deeper into the blanket and pretended that I was a large rock. A giant rock that wasn't moving from the bed. Ever. Everyone say 'hello' to Kae the Boulder.

He can't make me do this again. I don't want anything more to do with his fucking balloons...or him for the matter. He can go fuck a duck instead of fucking with me. I would rather go sing with the von Trapp family than take any more shit to the face. Fuck off. Go away.

"Kae? Can I open the door?"

I felt myself whisper, "No."

I hear something click. The door handle then rattles as if it started resisting being opened. ...But there wasn't any lock on the door...

"What's the big idea?" I hear Seth as the door handle continued to refuse to budge for him. I gathered enough courage to peep out from the blankets just to see both their forms through the frosted glass that acted like a mini useless window.

"Kae?" X's voice was the next to chime in as Seth continues to bang on the door or rattle the handle.

...I've shut myself in? Did I affect the door? Did it lock because of me?

So, now you bother working.

I could even feel Lady returning from her usual walk right on time, 'Dreamer shut off? Dreamer upset?'

'I...' I don't even know how the fuck I'm supposed to do this sort of shit and...it's so fucking frustrating that it picks now of all times...-which just makes me look like I'm some two year-old having an ESP tantrum.

"Kae? Open the door," Seth starts off.

I stumble out of the bed and towards the door, still wrapped up in the blankets. I couldn't muster any strength or will to even raise my arms and try to open the door, instead I just stare at it. Opening it meant that I'd have to face him and go along with whatever bullshit he had planned. I don't want to...I felt something click in my brain. Great. Now I'm acting like Cody.

After a few moments, Seth stops trying to get in only for him to whisper to himself, "That's it." Before he lets one final bang rattle the door on its hinges as he proclaimed, "That's it!" again.

"What's it?" I could even hear X frown.

"The aim to refocus on. Instead of attacking...it's all about the situation right?"

Silence from bother side.

But he continues on, "So we make a situation -an uncomfortable environment," All I could hear was "I'm a genius!"