Chapter 4 - Who Done It?

(sorry for the short chapter just go with it)

Why.

Why would she do such a thing. Was it me? My heart just stopped. Everything around seemed, blurry. Seeing her lifeless body gently swaying. The silence that followed after. Elena, why?

We followed the paramedics towards the ambulance. I couldn't stand anymore. I could feel Ethan catching me. Soft tears ran throughout the school, all in shock. She was one of my best friends. And just like that, she was gone. It hurt more than anything to see her like that. This was all my fault.

When we were kids, I always said we would run away together, start a new life. We did and we ended up here, I knew from the start she never fit in. She would always turn to me. This was all my fault from the beginning. All I could do was hold on to Ethan. He was all I had left.

Tomorrow

I dreaded waking up the next morning. I felt pain deep in my chest. The morning was quite, as if the town itself was mourning for her. I soon got a call from Ethan.

"Hey..."

"Hey, you doin' okay?" his voice was soft and gentle.

"Y,yeah."

"You wanna head to the morgue, to maybe see Elena for one last time?"

"Yeah."

"I'll pick you up at 9."

I was almost ready when I already heared honking from outside. I quickly slipped on a jacket and left. I could see Ethan from the windshield, his hair drooped down over his eyes and his hand clutching the wheel. He looked up at me and smiled abit. I got into the car but we didn't move for awhile. I grabbed his hand and interlocked my fingers with his.

"I love you." I said with a loose smile.

He kissed my forehead. I nuzzled into his neck for awhile. We then left to the morgue.

Alexandria Hospital, Morgue

This place really was something else. It felt eeriely quiet but relaxing in a way. Metal tables infront of us held several bodies all covered in the same white cloth. The nurse showed us to Elena's. She slowly pulled back the cloth, stopping just above the chest. She looked, peaceful.

The nurse left us for a moment alone with her.
She looked kinda, beautiful. That was when I noticed a small patch of red on the cloth near her waist. I touched it. Ethan looked at me with total confusion. It, was fresh blood. It can't be.

Curiosity took over me and I pulled the sheets off completely.

"Um Garr, I don't think you should be doing that."

I pushed her body slightly only to see a gash, about 2 inches long, staining her light beige fur a deep red.

"Ethan t,this means..."

He looked at me more confused.

"She didn't kill herself, she was murdered."