15) reunited

Author Notes: this is a My Hero Academia (Boku no Hiro Akademia) fanfiction story. I claim no rights or anything associated with the series as they are rightfully owned by Kohei Horikoshi. Some of the characters may seem OOC so please don't hate. Warning this story will feature boy x boy (Yaoi) relationship with Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya. Please don't read if your not into that kind of things. Also be sure to leave me your comments telling me what you think!

Key Guide: "regular speech", 'thinking', *animal telepathy*, (author Notes), italics-mer speech

15) reunited

The years came and passed quickly since Katsuki released Izuku out into the ocean.  The bearded dragon Kirshima passed away because of old age.  The following year when Katsuki was to graduate high school, he was approached by a spikey red haired boy with sharp teeth.  The boy introduced himself as Eijiro Kirshima.  Something about this boy reminded Bakugo of his former pet dragon and it wasn't because of his last name was the same as his once beloved pet.  Little did Katsuki know that Eijiro was actually his former pet dragon.  Because of Bakugo's love and care for the pet was unique and special, the pets that Katsuki once had became human after their death because they all desired to have a relationship with their former owner.  However the former pets could never tell Katsuki the truth about their past life.

Before Bakugo began college, Shoto had passed away.  When he entered college, he became friends with a human named Shoto Todoroki.  The similarities between the human Shoto and the former cat Shoto were too many to hide from Bakugo.  It was this discovery that confirmed Bakugo's suspicions about both Kirshima and Shoto.  The human was glad that his former pets could become human because of him.  But it made Katsuki miss Izuku more than he realized.

"Do you think that there's a chance that Izuku........" Katsuki asked them.

"Sorry Bakugo.  We don't know." Kirshima replied.

"All you can do is hope that one day that you two will reunite once again." added Shoto.

Each year on the exact date when Bakugo released Izuku back out into the ocean, he would go back to the same beach where he had released the guppy.  Katsuki would sit upon the beach shore looking out at the water.  He didn't know that Izuku was watching him from the water.  

"God....... I miss you Izuku.  Nobody ever made me feel the way that you did.  I have two new friends as you wouldn't believe who they used to be.  But then again......  Knowing you......  You possibly would believe it as you seem more attuned with the supernatural.  My former pets turned human.  I don't understand how or why.  Maybe it had something to do with you and your magical power."

'If you only know Kacchan....... It is because of your own power.  You will discover this in time.  Once you do, you and I will be reunite then.' Izuku thought as he vanished back into the water.  It turned out while within the ocean he discovered the truth about Katsuki.  He was meant to be the other half of his soul, Izuku's mate but, he was born as a human.   Bakugo's  powers had begun to awaken ever since his encounter with Izuku.

Once again the years came and passed as Yagi had passed away do to old age.  Before he passed on, Toshinori gave Bakugo his store.  Katsuki made it not only a pet store but also into a clinic.  Katsuki changed the name of the store to the "All Might Clinic and Pet Shop."   By now Bakugo was the ripe age of twenty-five years old.  Each year he still held out the hope of seeing Izuku again.  He learned from Yagi's letters the truth about his unique powers and the truth behind himself.  The power to understand and communicate with animals and know their feelings.  To heal them when they were hurt.  The animals that he allowed close to his heart, he allowed them the chance to become human.  Katsuki was now twenty-five years old as each year during the anniversary of when he released Izuku, he would return back to the beach.  But this year it would be different......  He would be reunited with Izuku.......  His one and true love.  Bakugo like usual would sit upon the shore until he saw something green splashing around within the water.  Curiosity got the best of Katsuki, ran out into the water thinking it was perhaps a dolphin trapped in a net.  What Bakugo didn't expect to find was Izuku. 

"Izuku?!" Bakugo asked in shock.  Izuku tackled the human in a fierce hug.  The younger mermaid then proceeded to kiss Katsuki on the lips.  The older human melted into the kiss before he took control kissing Izuku back just as fiercely.  The two broke apart as Izuku hugged the older human once more.

"I have missed you so much Izuku.  This feels like a dream as I never got the chance to ever tell you how much I love you." Bakugo stated.

"I know......  I loved you too for a long time.  That's why I wished to become human.  I longed to be with you all this time." 

"I kind of had a feeling.  Finally we are back together.......  Come on Izuku, lets head home." Katsuki replied as he scooped up Izuku into his arms.  Izuku wrapped around Bakugo's neck as he placed head on the human's broad chest.

Three years have passed since Izuku and Bakugo had reunited. The two ended up getting married as they invited all of their friends to the wedding. Izuku was happy to reunite with the two former animals. Shoto was more natural greeting Izuku with a handshake. Kirshima was more affectionate as he hugged Izuku crying on the mer's shoulder.

"Careful Kirshima........  If I get too wet, I will transform back into my mer form.  I may not be a true human even though I can human." Izuku stated.

"Sorry.......  I am just so happy to see you again after all this time." cried Kirshima.  None of Bakugo's or Izuku's friends knew the truth about what Izuku truly was.  Each year on the anniversary of when they first meet and became lovers, both Izuku and Katsuki would take a month off.  The two would end up going to the beach where Bakugo released Izuku back into the world.  It turned out that Izuku's power allowed Katsuki to become a half mer like Izuku.  For that month the two would have children while in their mer forms.  It would allow their children to repopulate into the world where they were meant to be.  When both Izuku and Bakugo reached eighty years old, they retired back out into the ocean where their children had created an underwater city.  There the two would live out the rest of their near immortal lives.......  Happily......  Together.