Chapter 1

"Of all the lies you've told me, 'I love you' was my favorite one"

Oh now that's pathetic. This movie is pathetic. I can't believe she just said that! This is pathetic and of course I'm crying over it. I'm such a sap. I turned the movie off because I didn't need to torture myself like this. Also, it was late and tomorrow was the first day of junior year. This movie was supposed to distract me from thinking about him, but of course I had to lean into my weakness for romance.

Trying to fall asleep proved to be difficult. My mind kept flashing images of that day, like a car accident, I couldn't look away. I still remember the heavy rain, it was the beginning of June, just as the weather shifted from tolerable to hot and sweaty. I had my umbrella in my bag, I assumed it was going to rain because it was colder than normal and the sun never came out. I was supposed to be meeting Sonic at some cafe with his friends, which was strange because I've never met this group of friends of his in all the year and half we've been dating.

I had to stop in front of this pizza parlor, and I remember distinctly the obnoxious orange neon pizza sign that reflected horribly on my umbrella. I had to take it out as I started to feel thick droplets hit my head. When I looked back up I saw my old friend. What the coincidence? I didn't even know she came back out here, I wish I never knew she came back out here...Minutes later I saw Sonic exit the the entrance door of the cafe, but instead of looking for me, like I thought he was doing, he picked her up. Okay, I thought, old friends catching up that's cool. But I stopped walking to watch, like suddenly I knew I wasn't supposed to be there. And then, that's when he kissed her. And kissed her and kissed her and kissed her. Ouch.

It felt like I witnessed a murder, he turned towards me and I felt this need to hide, I ducked into into the pizza parlor and then the memory repeats. Even if I tried to remember that day, I would only remember the pain, he didn't even realize I didn't show up until hours later.

Anyways I need to sleep, I can't begin my first day of school with puffy eyes and a sleep ridden mindset. I turned my phone over and started playing some soft music and swiftly went to sleep.

Sleep was short and swift alright. It felt like I only slept for an hour. Anyways, I guess I should start my day. I honestly put no thought into my outfit, whatever was clean and comfortable, but obviously not trashy. Okay, so some thought was put into it. But I can't let this heart break be my defining moment, it's junior year; I can't get distracted.

I kicked the door open ready to trek the three blocks to school, it's a ten minute walk if I really want to try, and it seems I have an extra twenty so why not. As I hit the sidewalk I saw him and his stupid blue hair walking fast towards me. I guess I have good reason to try and get to school now.

"Amy!!! Amy! wait up!" He pleaded

"What do you want Sonic?" I stopped walking but didn't turn. I made sure he could tell I had a level of annoyance to clarify the boundaries.

"Amy, I miss you, can we please fix this?" He actually just asked me that. I scoffed.

"Sonic, our relationship is broken and it is because of you. You've tried this act before and it didn't work. You had two, almost three months, to talk to me face to face about this. But obviously you waited until it was convenient for you." I had to keep my nerve in check. The more I entertained him the more I found reasons to be mad.

"But Ames-" he started

"Don't ever call me that again!" I interrupted. I couldn't stay here, I couldn't deal with this nonsense right now. If I did...I might return back to his arms.