Chapter 7

It's Monday. That was the first thought I had as soon as my alarm went off. A stupid reminder that today is the day I have to face my actions from the night we ordered pizza. The churn in my stomach made me want to just call in sick, but I needed to take this year seriously. It's fine, I only see him like three times today it will be fine.

I got dressed fast, jeans and an over-sized tee shirt were in plain sight so I just grabbed them. I made sure to tie a knot in the back of my shirt so I didn't look boxy. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, the usual morning routine. I glanced at the clock on my stove to see I had about thirty minutes to get to school, I grabbed a snack before searching the living room for my book bag. It was tucked under the blankets I haphazardly cleaned up from two days ago. I double checked my bag, making sure I had everything, before slinging it on and heading out the door.

There was a slight breeze, nothing cold enough to warrant a jacket, especially since I know heading home later today will be hot. There's something about August weather that just irks me. I pulled out my phone to check the agenda for my classes today through our school app. I get my test results from the summer reading, then a class discussion in history, oh and a lab. So far my morning seems easy to digest, and I can safely avoid Shadow by picking the nearest lab partner, and moving across the room.

I walked into school, subconsciously walking towards the lunch room to meet up with my friends. Then I saw Sonic make eye contact with me in the hallway and started to make his way over. Immediately I turned around to walk the other way, there's another entrance to the lunch room, it's just on the other side of the school. Though, when I turned around I saw Shadow at his locker, he too turned to me and seemed to make an attempt to walk towards me. The five minute bell rang and to my luck I was right next to the stairwell that would bring me to my first class. I raced up the stairs and made it to the classroom door just as Rouge and Blaze approached. They looked at me with concern before the three of us made our way over to Cream, who was already sitting with her notebook out.

"I'm telling you, I was stuck between the two of them just walking towards me, it felt like a trap!" Rouge was barely able to contain herself with laughter and Cream kept giggling as I told them what happened. I told them to feel my heart beat and how it was still racing, granted that could also be due to the quick scale of 15 stairs in less than a minute. "I swear-"

"Alright class! As you know we had a test and I must let you know that the lowest grade overall was a steady 73%," Some of the class sighed with relief while the others stayed listening, "But need I remind you that this is an AP class, if your work ethic continues to stay low like this you will not pass this class." The teacher looked directly at a group of students who kept whispering to each other. She soon went on to talk about an upcoming essay over the summer reading, handing out the guidelines and prompts.

"This is like a whole tree of paper," Blaze whispered to us.

"Also, this five page essay will be due by next Wednesday don't fall behind!" The teacher then let us use the rest of the class time to prepare for this essay. Before I knew it the bell rang and I was moving two rooms over to my history class.

History was never my strong suit, throughout the class I kept getting distracted by how I was going to avoid Shadow next period. None of my friends were in that class, I might have to ask an underclassman to be my partner for this lab. When the bell rang to signify the end of this period I almost jumped out of my skin. Rouge and Blaze kept laughing at my anxiety while Cream tried to assure me that it was fine.

"ah shoot, I left my bio notes in my locker," I grumbled to myself.

"At least your locker is in the same hallway," Rouge quipped before turning down a stairwell to her class. She was right, I have time to stop and get them. I passed my biology class on the way to my locker and it looked like Shadow wasn't even there. That made my day ten times more relaxing. My locker was roughly fifteen feet away from my class, and seeing how I had three more minutes to get to class, I ruled myself safe.