The Dream Thieves (Book 2)

Pg. 37 - "...they wired a refrigerator in the upstairs bathroom, right next to the toilet." (You know, in case you get peckish well taking a dump. Also, what do they do if they're hungry and one of them is in the bathroom? I mean, I know that they're boys, but isn't that at least a little awkward?)

Pg. 38 - "'Like, an I in your dreams?' (Gansey)
'Oh yes baby.' (Ronan)"

Pg. 45 - "'Bye. Will you be home for dinner? I'm making midlife crisis.'" (Maura)

Pg. 47 - "'We don't know,' Ganesh said, around his straw, 'Why is the tea so good here?'
'I spit in it. Let me see this thing.'"
(I love how quickly they switch from one topic to another. I don't know, is that a wired thing to notice? You know what, I don't care, I like the line.)

Pg. 48 - "'You don't know shit,' Ronan said.
There was a very brief pause. It was true that this sort of venom was not unusual for Ronan. But it had been a very long time since it had been used so forcefully on Blue. She drew herself up, everything pickling.
Then Gansey said, very slowly, 'Ronan, you're never going to talk to Jane like that again.'"
(I don't know why I like this section so much. It probably has something to do with how I read it. I just love how slowly and carefully I feel like Gansey is saying this, trying to get through to Ronan.)

Pg. 78 - "'I'm not dating anybody now.' (Gansey)
'Except for Glendower.'" (Atom)
(I love that the characters have realized that the biggest love story in these books is Gansey and Glendower.)

Pg. 79-80 - "'Is Noah out here?' (Ronan)
...'Why would he be?' (Gansey)
'No reason. Just no reason.'
... Noah slouched in. And I want to tone, he said, 'He threw me out the window!'
Ronan's voice saying out from behind a closed door: 'You're already dead!'"
(Yes Ronan, that is a perfectly valid reason to throw someone out a second-story window!)

Pg. 104 - "'What do you want me to tell you?' Maura asked.
'The truth. I just told you the truth.'
'She did!' Gansey called from the kitchen."
(Thank you for your very insightful and needed contribution Gansey.)

Pg. 107 - "Maura called it continuing education. Calla called it turning tricks. Persephone called it that thing we could do if there's nothing on television?" (I just love this scene in general.)

Pg. 114 - "'something like that,' Maura replied, 'makes me feel better if I can keep my eye on it.'
'Oh,' Persephone said, 'I think we all know what you're keeping your eye on.'"
(I think this is the most suggestive thing that has ever come out of Persephone's mouth and I love it so much.)

Pg. 115 - (This is Atom thinking in this next passage) "He (Gansey) was the boy with the most beautifully interesting car and the most savagely handsome of friends, Ronan Lynch." (ADAM!!!!!!)

Pg. 141 - "She (Blue) wore a dress Ronan thought looked like a lampshade. Whatever sort of lamp it belonged on, Gansey clearly wished he had one.
Ronan wasn't a fan of lamps."
(He's so gay, I love him!)

Pg. 144 - "Surely he would wake up soon and find himself again exiled in Monmouth Manufacturing or the backseat of his car or lying on the floor beside Adam's bed at St. Agnes. (RONAN!!)

Pg. 155 - "Ronan loved it so much. He nearly couldn't bear it. He wanted to destroy something."

Pg. 165 - "'Which one is he again? The pretty one?' (Calla)
Blue and Gansey exchanged a look. Blue's look said, I'm so, so sorry. Gansey' said, Am I the pretty one?"
(Yes Gansey, you are lovely. Keep wearing that Salmon polo.)

Pg. 186 - "'Would you like to explain, now, why we're in the middle of this puddle?' Adam asked.
'Godforsaken puddle,' Ronan corrected"

Later on pg. 186 - "Blue, perched at the other end of the boat, asked, 'Are we going to sonar every lake on the ley line? Or just the ones that piss you off?'"

Pg. 190 - "A tiny part of Gansey's brain said: You've been staring for too long.
The larger part of his brain said: ORANGE."

Pg. 191 - "Ronan ran a hand over his shave head. 'I didn't want to mess up my hair.'"

Pg. 194 - "'Do you member losing one a little while ago?' Ronan asked. 'Like, five hundred years or so?'"

Pg. 209 - "He left Chainsaw behind, much to her irritation. Ronan didn't want her to learn any bad language." (Ronan, have you met yourself?)

Pg. 227 - "They opened their ranks enough for her to see what they clustered around: a cell phone. It was cupped in Calla's hand; clearly they'd been trying to get her reading on it.
'This is Mr. Gray's,' Maura said, 'Will you help us?'
Wearily Blue placed her hand on Calla's shoulder.
'No,' Maura said. 'Not like that. We're trying to figure out how to access his email.'"
(I love this scene in general. Yes, they can see spirits, but ask them to use modern day technology and they're hopeless.)

Author's note
Hey guys. So I usually don't do these at the end of chapters, so I thought I would try it. I just wanted to tell you all that I am reading these books as I am writing this, so I'm not always going to want to stop reading to write down a quote. That is why I would love to know some of your favorite quotes so I don't miss any. Thank you so much for reading!