~Chapter 3~

Guess who's back~

David's PoV

I couldn't even begin to explain how awful I felt. The fever and vomiting, dizziness and headaches. My stomach was on fire and I couldn't seem to hold anything down considering my breakfast turned into early morning upchuck. I felt terrible to say the least.

I ended up managing to fall asleep through the horrible congestion in me. It felt nice to sleep at times like these, though I was the type of person to normally want to be up and about. It sucked having to be in bed like this, but it was needed in order for me to get better so I didn't mind.

I awoke to the light feeling of a cold hand brushing through my hair. Ihummed in satisfaction as a light smile graced my lips.

"Baby, are you gonna wake up to take your medicine?" Daniel coped quietly, kissing my cheek. I smiled, keeping my eyes closed.

"Yea, ill take it," I whispered out quietly so my voice didn't rasp too much.

"Okay," he replied back gently. He got up from the bed for a moment and soon came back, making me look up at him as he held some medicine and a glass of water. He leaned down and I sat up a little bit as he handed me a Dayquil to take. I popped it in my mouth and grabbed the water to wash it down. I grimaced at the scratchy feeling of it washing down my throat. I finished the glass of water and laid back down. Daniel sat next to me and I felt another smile crawl back onto my lips as he did so. He laid his hand on my cheek and lightly rubbed it with his thumb. I felt a sigh leave my lips as I huddled closer to him.

"Your hands are so cold...it feels so good," I said, just above a whisper. He let out a light chuckle into the air and a peaceful silence filled the air for a moment.

"You know who I seen today?" he said, a bit of amusement in his voice.I hummed in response. "Jen," he said. I felt myself hum again in understanding.

"Really? What's she been up to?" I asked curiously remembering who she was from our short encounter at the camp. He let out a sigh as he continued to play with my hair.

"Not much actually. She was part of that..." he cleared his throat, growing uncomfortable with saying the word outright, "thing I used to be in. Apperently she became the leader. Whatever floats her boat I guess. She's cool to talk to when she's not acting all coo-coo for cocoa puffs," he said, making us both laugh. He sighed quietly and I thought for a moment.

"Why not invite her over? It could be nice to have company," i suggested. I felt Daniel tense a little bit.

"O-oh David, im really not sure if that's such a good idea. She's not exactly the safest human to be around. I don't think I'd trust her around you or Max," he said. I turned my head to look at him.

"Well we can always ask Gwen to be there too, make it a little more safe. Just have a grownups night, and Max can stay with Neil. You know those boys are close and that Neil wouldn't mind," I suggested. He grumbled a little bit in worry.

"I don't know," he said warily. I nudged him a little bit.

"Come on, it would always be nice to make it a little more lively around here. It'll be fun, I've always wanted to host a little party," I let out a nervous laugh as I looked to the side, "As long as you keep her away from any of our drinks that is," I said, making him chuckle. He was silent for a minute before sighing.

"Alright," he said, giving in. I gasped.

"ReAlLY?" I said excitedly. I coughed into my hand, making Daniel rub my arm with a small giggle.

"Yes really, but only after your better," he said. I nodded and evened out my breathing, getting settled and comfortable cuddling in his lap again. He hummed a little bit, a small tune that eased me and made me smile. "Your too sweet for your own good sometimes, you know that?" he asked me.