Class Is In Session

About 20 mins into my relaxation jam I hear seats shuffling about and noise, so I figure class is about to begin as students are already pouring in. I lift my head from the desk and look around.

Two other girls are here and one boy, I give them each a friendly nod and smile, then I return my gaze to the front. The board is still blank, I smile as I think maybe the professor will be late today.

Turning off the song playing on my phone and removing my earbuds from my ears, I wrap the cable around my phone and then put it in my bag. Now I wait patiently like the other few who are here, for the arrival of more students and our teacher.

10 minutes in and six more students enter all girls.

5 more minutes pass and three more students file in two more girls and a boy.

The time is 6:15 and still no sign of the professor. All is quiet as everyone is playing on their iPads given to them by the school, and as I suspected most of the kids are in the back with a few trickled around the middle of the classroom.

I look around anxiously. Tick tick…. Did I mention that I’m a bit impatient? I mean I’m paying for this whole college experience the least I can get is a professor who’s on ti…

*Door slam*

A door to the classroom opening and closing disrupts my mind rant but I don’t look back as I figure it’s just another late student.

*Footsteps*

That’s what I hear approaching, I assume to sit at the front like me. Still I don’t look back and instead I look at my watch which reads 6:20 p.m. and that’s when from the corner of my eye I spy a figure passing me in the front and taking their place in the corner at what I assume is the teachers desk.

I look up to spot a glimpse of brunette hair streaked with blonde just as she turns around to face us.

Our eyes connect and my breathe leaves my body just before she speaks in the most angelic yet sexy and raspy voice I’ve ever heard.

“Sorry for being late guys” she says

and with that she turns to gather some papers and  class is in session.