Chapter 22

"Love takes us on the most extraordinary journey, where every step is filled with excitement and wonder."

****

As the afternoon sun cast a warm glow across the city, I found myself deep in thought, meticulously planning a surprise rooftop date for Klineigh. She had been swamped with meetings and paperwork today because she left it yesterday when she came on my graduation, and I wanted to create a special moment for us to unwind and connect.

I scribbled notes and ideas in a small journal, envisioning the perfect evening under the stars. Soft music, fairy lights, and her favorite gourmet treats - all the ingredients for a magical rooftop experience. With each detail carefully considered, I felt a surge of excitement knowing that I was about to whisk her away from her busy schedule.

I decided to reach out to Reign, one of our friends, to gather insights that could help me make this date truly unforgettable.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Reign's number. After a few rings, she picked up, and I could hear the faint sound of chatter in the background.

"Hey Reign, it's me," I greeted her.

"Hey! What's up?" Reign responded cheerfully.

"I'm planning a surprise rooftop date for Klineigh, and I wanted to get some ideas or suggestions from you." I explained.

Reign chuckled. "You're going all out, huh? Alright, I'm in! Well, first off, Klineigh is a sucker for romantic gestures, so make sure you have some heartfelt words prepared. Maybe even a short handwritten note expressing your feelings?"

"That's a great idea," I replied, jotting down her suggestion in my journal. "What about the setting? I'm thinking fairy lights and soft music."

"Absolutely," Reign agreed. "Fairy lights create a magical ambiance, and her favorite songs playing in the background will surely make her heart melt. And don't forget about the food. You know she loves those gourmet desserts from that bakery downtown."

I smiled, grateful for Reign's input. "Got it. I'll make sure to include those. Anything else you think would add that extra touch?"

Reign thought for a moment. "Well, how about adding a personal touch, like a photo collage of your memorable moments together? It'll show her how much thought and effort you put into this."

"Excellent idea, Reign. Thanks a lot for your help," I said appreciatively.

"No problem, gurl. Klineigh's going to adore this," Reign reassured me. "Let me know if you need any more assistance. Good luck, and have a fantastic date!"

With our conversation wrapped up, I continued planning the details of the surprise rooftop date, feeling even more inspired and confident about creating a memorable experience for Klineigh.

As the day progressed, I scoured the city for the finest gourmet treats. I visited local bakeries and specialty stores, carefully selecting an assortment of delectable desserts and savory bites that I knew would tantalize Klineigh's taste buds. The thought of seeing her smile as she indulged in these treats fueled my excitement.