o u t t a k e s

A few extra little scenes that didn't really fit into the chapters, but for my own enjoyment I wanted to write them anyway. They all have third person POV's.

CHAPTER 1

More Gladers gathered around the Box as it rumbled up to the surface. The crowd watched attentively as the sliding doors were forced open with a heavy grating sound. Everyone who was close enough peered over the edge.

"It's another bloody girl!" Newt exclaimed. Everyone began talking at once.

"What's she look like?"

"How old is she?"

"Where are they getting them?"

"Maybe they're giving each of us one before we die," Gally joked. Many Gladers laughed.

"This one is unconscious too," someone observed. Newt jumped down into the Box.

"So if the first one was for Thomas, which shuck-face gets this one?" another joked.

"She's hot."

"Looks like Newt is calling dibs!"

"I want the next one!"

Ignoring the Gladers' jokes, Newt bent down, noticing a wad of paper sticking out of the unconscious girl's hand. He grabbed it, forcing her fingers apart with shaking hands.

"Hey, hey, hey, slim it!" Newt instructed, standing back up. The laughter died down as everyone listened to Newt.

"She was holding this," he said, unfurling the paper. In large black letters, five words were scrawled:

She's the last one. Ever.

"She's the last one. Ever," Newt read out. The Glade was deathly silent. "What the bloody hell does that mean?"

CHAPTER 5

"How could you let that happen?" Newt shouted at Thomas. "You were meant to be in charge of her!"

"Maybe she could make it. Thomas did?" Teresa tried.

"No one survives a night in the Maze," Thomas answered gravely. "There's a chance, but- it's very small."

"Good job," Newt said bitterly. "You just killed her."

* * *

Screams filled Newt's ears all night. He sat up, still, not even trying to sleep. Thomas was next to him, staring intently at the floor. While Teresa had managed stable sleep, Minho's eyes kept shooting open as fast as they were closing. And still, Griever cries pierced the night sky, and with every one, the conscious Gladers couldn't help but imagine Anna to be dead.

"She'll be okay," Thomas muttered.

"You hope," Newt answered back bitterly.

CHAPTER 13

"Come on, shanks," Gally called as he stomped up to the Slammer door. Newt and Minho were long gone so as not to arouse suspicion. "Time to go."

Thomas lay slumped on the floor by Anna's side, faking unconsciousness. Even though he was pretending, it reminded her painfully of how he looked lying in the Medical Shack, stung.

"What's happened to him?" Gally questioned as a Glader threw open the Slammer door.

"He passed out," Anna said.

"Why?"

"Panic, I think." Gally scoffed, and flicked his wrist in a motion to his cronies. As two Gladers hopped in to get them, Anna glanced at Teresa. They knew the plan; don't struggle. Two more Gladers came down for Thomas, along with Gally himself.

"You're strangely calm for someone who's been causing so many problems," Gally mused to Anna.

"What, you want me to fight you?" Anna grumbled as she let one of the Gladers restrain her by the arms.

"Please," he laughed. He unsheathed a knife from his belt and tossed it between his hands. "What if Thomas and I go for round two?"

"He's not even conscious, put your damned knife away," Teresa spat.

"What, you want a go instead?" he threatened, holding the knife in front of her face. Losing her temper, Anna suddenly kicked out, knocking his elbow with the knife in hand.

He rounded on her instead, as she started to struggle against the Glader holding her, wanting nothing more than to punch Gally square in his obnoxious face.

Anna wriggled an arm free suddenly, kicking and writhing. Teresa was shouting at her to stop, but her vision was clouded red. Gally reached for her free arm, gripping onto it and struggling to pin it down by her side, for the other Glader to grab.

"Stop it!" Gally ordered, wrestling with her arm. The knife in the same hand he was using, jutting out terrifyingly towards her body, suddenly pierced into her side as he pinned her arm down violently. The hilt and part of the blade stuck out, the tip lodged into her skin as she cried out.

The Glader holding her regained his grip on her arm, now limp as she instead winced at the sharp stinging coming from her side.

"Woah," one of the Gladers said uncertainly, as she glanced down to see blood slowly seeping out into a growing stain on her shirt. "Gally."

Teresa was looking horrified as Anna met her eye, her face contorted in pain. She glanced at Thomas; he was still playing his part, thankfully still out cold despite the altercation.

Anna let out a sob, which caused Gally to turn around and look at her quizzically. He grimaced, before reaching forward towards the blade, and pushing it in to the hilt. Anna cried out again, a howl of pain as she choked on sobs. Gally did little more than wince at the sound, before giving a nod to his cronies. "C'mon, let's get them out. Hurry up."

Tears streamed down her face like the blood from her burning wound eked out of her side. Feeling as limp as Thomas looked, Anna let them haul her out of the Slammer, and towards the Maze doors.