ღ˚ •*His Locked Heart*ღ˚ •Prologue 1*ღ˚ •

★He had locked his heart and thrown the keys in the land of nowhere! ஜ

   ஜGod knows how Hard do I struggle to get there!★

Inroduction;-

A boy who no one in their wildest dreams could have ever imagined to own a secret like this, and is being hurt by it every single day. He still hasn't forgotten and finds it almost impossible to forget everything and move on with life, and whenever he is told that all he says is;

"To move on I need strength, which has been drained out of me and can never come back.”

A girl who has almost all the facilities in life to make her happy but she still feels empty. ‘It’s like a huge empty space’ she says ‘That cannot be filled.”

And this story is about how these two come together, with lots of spaces and pain in their lives. To see how this story unfolds read “His locked heart.”

Read along.....

                                   'Prologue 1'

I took a seat in the sterile hallway and saw the red light of the OR turning on. A nurse came running and got in the operating room, joining the surgical team to help save her life.

With the opening of the door, that little instant I felt the air bring to me her hopelessness, her fear, which was exactly how I felt. No she won’t die, she can’t die. She’ll live! I tried convincing myself and leaned back on the chair closing my eyes.

As I did the memories of the accident flashed back in my brain. Her screams echoed in my ears causing me to open my eyes and wishing to never close them again. My heart thumped faster as I realized this could probably be it. What if I never got to see her again? Never see her smile again, never hear her voice again. No. No. No. She’ll live. She has to live. I can’t lose her, I’ll never lose her.

I heard footsteps rushing towards me and looked up to see both my parents and her father almost jogging towards me, the look of terror on all of their faces. I looked down again not wanting to face them. I knew they’d blame me. I blamed myself too!

If I hadn’t taken her out today, this would’ve never happened. She’d have been safe now, not struggling to stay alive in the operating room. I ignored my parents and her father, who must hate me for doing this to her.

A woman sat next to me, with a very soothing voice my mother said; “Landon…Are you okay?” I wondered on how she managed such a calm tone. She should be yelling at me, for not taking care of her.  For not being man enough to protect her. I still didn’t meet her gaze, afraid that she might see how weak and vulnerable I really was.

“You’re bleeding, You should see a doctor. Come with me.” She stood up and reached for my hand. I jerked my hand away, frustrated. “Let go,” I yelled. I didn’t know why I was taking my anger out on her so I took a deep breath; “I am fine.” I finally said a little calmly.

Two pair of legs walked up to the chairs in front of me and settled there. I recognized the lazy footsteps of my father but the others were of Mr. Stanford. The man who gave his daughters hand in mine! But for what?? For this??

Memories of our engagement flashed through my mind, the surprised look that she had when I got on my knees to spend the rest of my life with the most beautiful woman in the world.

“Marry me Eva Stanford and make me the happiest man on this earth.” I remembered the smile that she wore, it meant everything to me.

“Yes, If I want to be the happiest woman on earth I must marry you.” She had said. A single tear drop fell from her eyes, she removed it and laughed, “I am crying!” she noted.

“Don’t you women always.”

And then again…..I heard her agonizing screams when the car behind us had struck ours, making it move forward almost two miles without my efforts.  We had been in the middle lane and were waiting for the light to go green but the vehicle behind us had intended otherwise.

When the car finally came to a halt, I heard her weeping she had been fine then. She looked at me through her tears and mumbled; “Are you OO..” Before she could’ve finished her sentence another car from the right came with great speed and collided with my car without warning. This time she had no time to scream. At the very first spin our car took, her head hit the dashboard on the passenger’s seat, even though her seatbelt was buckled. That was the last time I heard her voice and it was barely a whimper, she’d tried to say my name.

I opened my eyes as an excruciating pain ran through my right shoulder. I looked up to see my concerned mother examining my injuries. I hadn’t been injured a lot because my airbag hadn’t been a failure unlike Eva’s. Even if I was injured I wouldn’t know and had refused to see a doctor.

This was the first time I looked into my mother’s eyes after all this time and it hurt, mostly because of guilt, ‘Survivors Guilt’. My eyes had been filled with tears without me realizing it and she’d seen them. I looked away instantly, I hated people sympathizing me. Why would she do that? Eva will be fine, She’ll come back to me, She can’t die on me!

~~With Love

~~Girl with Pearl