His Locked Heart~Chp 1~First days are always hard.

Chapter One

"First days are always hard!"

Taking the last bite of his piece of brownie my father rushed outside to his car. I realized I had to hurry up because he said he was going to drive me to school. I heard the horn of his car which meant he's late for work. I drank the remaining glass of milk in a gulp, then took my stuff and strode out of the kitchen, into the warm day.

North Carolina had a pretty good weather, way better than Florida. It was our first month since we'd moved from Miami to the "so called" beautiful city of Charlotte. My father was asked to move here because of his work, and he rarely had some time to spend with his family, Not that I am complaining or anything. Oh, Forget it. I don't want to ruin my mood by thinking of that stuff early in the morning especially today when it was the first day at my new school.

I walked up to my dads black Porsche Cayenne, and sat on the passengers seat. He was straightening up his tie, dressed in his usual formal clothes. My dad was an architect, one of the best ones I must say. He made lots of money but unfortunately didn't have anyone to spend it on, except for me. I always had whatever I wanted and no one had ever said no to me, but still living a life like mine, I still felt deprived of many things, I missed being spoken nicely to, not because of my money but because of who I really was. And most of all I missed the love of a mother and siblings.

After my mom past away, when I was six years old, I had always had this emptiness inside of me, a hole I knew could never be filled. I was raised by maids. Up until I was eleven and then all by myself. But I never really complained to my dad because I knew if it were in his hands he would never let mom go.­­

We were a family, consisting of two. But there were lots of spaces between me and him. I always had issues in opening up to him but to be honest he never really gave me an opportunity to speak my mind to him. There was a barrier in between us and I always wondered who created it!

"You look a lot like your mom." That's what he'd once said, and I always wondered how painful just the sight of me can be for him. So I never really pushed it!

One thing I loved and respected the most about him was that he'd loved my mom most heartedly. Even now after eleven years of her death, when I look closely in his eyes I see the love when he speaks about her, which is rare. He and I both know that he never imagines to move on and remarry. I love his loyalty or lovers may just call it 'Pure or true love'

We did have spaces between us but he never failed to understand me except just this once. I had asked, no not asked I had begged him to not move to Charlotte because I really didn't want to leave the only people I loved in this world 'My Friends' but for my father work always came first, he'd disagreed and so we came here.

We drove in complete silence to my school and I wondered when will he buy me a car or at least bring a chauffeur, so that I could get rid of this uncomfortable and painful silence. I thought of how my new school was going to be and didn't like the unfamiliar imagination that I had.

After about ten minutes my father pulled over in front of the schools building. We both stared at it. The building was huge but not as big as my school in Miami. That gave me another reason not to like this place. Huge gardens were surrounding the place, the parking lot was big too, with some very fancy and shining cars, parked here and there.

"Okay Riss, this is it," Dad said. You guys are probably wondering what my name is. Well it's 'Marissa' but mostly people call me 'Rissa'. My dad likes to shorten that up too. It's just a parental thing...I guess.

I looked up at him, something in his eyes told me that he was concerned and I didn't want him to be, so I smiled and murmured a 'Thanks dad' to him and got out of the car. I was about to close the door when I heard him say "Take care." Finally he realized I needed some encouragement!

"I will." And with that I closed the door and walked towards my new school. I wished mom was here today, I really needed her, not that I couldn't handle a bunch of high school students it's just that I felt like the hole was dark and empty today, today more than usual. This always happened to me when starting a new beginning.

I turned around to look if dad was still there but he wasn't and so I cursed myself for even hoping that he might. 'Okay, enough' I yelled in my brain. 'It's not like I am a kid and this is the first day of kinder garden or something.' And once again, unintentionally, many memories rushed in my brain. Memories of her, my mother, One after the other. I just wished this day would go fine but usually first days just don't.

~~I hope you guys liked it, I wanna know if I really do have wrting skills or ppl were just fooling me lol So plz comment and let me know:)

~With love~Girlwithpearl

~~XoXo~~