Chapter 9: Fearless (Raven P.O.V)

In the tunnel where it smelt of mold and upcoming nature, all of the soldiers stood tightly packed together. Anticipation swirled around creating a static like feel in the air. The only light in the tunnel was the flashing red lights indicating the emergency unfolding. I felt as though breathing was the most difficult task at hand in this moment, as each heated body touched one another, stealing everyone's one chance at fresh air. 

A persistent warning siren rang, as the air suddenly shifted. A breeze started to come, sweeping through this impatient crowd of soldiers thirsty for blood. But not just any blood, council men blood. A series of battle cries erupted rather scattered, as some were still clueless as to what was happening. But I knew that sound and that smell. 

And suddenly, there was light. 

I am not afraid.

I am not afraid.

The crowd began to move, and adrenaline started to take over.

I am not afraid. 

I stepped one foot onto the real green grass, and smelt the sweet smell of dew and-and,

Blood

My eyes were squinted and blurred as I began adjusting from total darkness to complete and utter light. But even through blurred vision, I could see the brutality of the battle field-the scorched nature and flailing men. I could taste gunpowder on my tongue, feel it coat my lungs. 

The wrapped my fingers tightly around the handles of my-well Magnus'- Katana swords. The overwhelming feeling of survival entered my system. My eyes lowered into thin slits as my chin raised slightly.

No one leaves Alive.