Chapter Ten

(^Bailey's Outfit)

*Deke\Butch*

  I pulled into Bailey's driveway and cut my bike off before jogging up to the front door and knocking before the door opened and I chuckled as I stared down at Bailey's outfit; unicorn hoodie and zombie Snow White leggins.

  "Sorry, it has been a hectic morning," she said and I shook my head following her in and I could hear an unfamiliar man yelling. "Quit yelling you're giving me a headache and I haven't even started my day completely yet."

  "Sorry," the unfamiliar man said before he grabbed Bailey and pushed her behind him and I found myself staring at the barrel of a gun. "Who the fuck are you?"

  "KALUM!" Bailey yelled. "Put the gun down. Its just Deke, he's part of my Uncle's MC and my friend."

  "Why is he here?" the man demanded as he slid the gun into the holster that was attached to his hip.

  "He's going shopping with me and Zita," Bailey said rubbing her forehead. "I told you that when you freaking barged in here at freaking three in the morning."

  "You weren't answering your phone," the man said.

  "I was sleeping," Bailey exclaimed. "And my phone was on the counter down here. I didn't think you would go flipping nuts and make a six-hour drive in two hours to get here."

  "I was worried," the man said throwing his hands in the air. "With Justin's murder and you moving, I have a right to be worried about you."

  "HEY!" I yelled catching both their attention. "Mind explaining who he is and why I feel like I'm missing something here?"

  "YOU HAVEN'T TOLD ANYONE?!" the man yelled at Bailey causing her to flinch.

  "No, I haven't," Bailey said calmly. "For the exact reason why I don't want you here. My Uncle would lock me in a room and would not let me see the light of day if he knew."

  "That's a good thing," the man yelled.

  "Kalum shut up," Jonas said as he came into the kitchen and handed Zita to Bailey. "Go get your shopping done and I'll deal with him until you get home."

  "Thanks," Bailey said with a small smile before she grabbed my wrist with her free and dragged me out of the kitchen and to the front door but I could still hear the yelling coming from the kitchen. 

  "You okay, Bails?" I asked watching as she buckled Zita into the car seat before handing me the keys to the truck.

  "No, but I will be," she sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't know he was going to show up today."

  "Who is he?" I asked.

  "Kalum Cassidy," Bailey sighed. "He worked with Justin and sort of dating Jonas. He is also Zita's other godfathers and my self-appointed bodyguard. He's ex-military."

  "What did he mean you hadn't told anyone yet?"

  "Deke, can we please not talk about this right now," she begged. "I just want to get my shopping done, maybe get some lunch and hopefully get a nap in at some point today."

  "Will you tell me later?"

  "I promise I will tell you soon," she said and I nodded as I drove towards the mall.

***

  "BUTCH," Bullet yelled when I entered the compound and I sighed before following him to his office. 

  "What is it, Prez?" I asked taking a seat.

  "How is Bailey doing?" he asked and I tensed for a moment before sighing.

  "She seems to be doing okay," I said. "She has two people that worked with her husband currently staying at her house and is both happy and annoyed with that. She's happy to be working at the dance studio again."

  "That's good," Bullet nodded. "Has she said anything to you about Justin?"

  "No sir," I said. "I know she misses him because she was looking through one of the picture albums the other day when I saw her."

 "Right," he said staring at the picture frame on his desk that I knew was of Bailey when she was smaller and her parents were still alive. "She's seen too much death in her life and I wish she didn't have to feel that kind of hurt."

  "Sir, if I may ask, " I said slowly. "Bailey never really talked about her parents when she was growing up but how exactly did they die."

  "They died in a drunk driving accident," Bullet said. "Bailey was left with my parents while Cole and Maria went on their monthly date, but as they were on their way to pick Bailey up they were hit and the car flip before wrapping around a tree, we were told they died instantly. Bailey took their deaths hard and never really spoke about them or expressed her feelings vocally afterward. Especially when we found out the drunk driver was never charged."

  "I knew she was quiet but I didn't think that was the cause of it," I said.

  "Do you see why I was so protective of her when the two of you were younger? I was trying to keep her safe from any more hurt," Bullet said. "I know she has spoken to you more than anyone else in the club since she came back home and I wanted to see if you would keep her safe and be there for her when she does have her break down like you were when she was eight."

  "Sir," I said looking right at him. "I have always cared for Bailey and I will do everything I can to be there for her just as her others friends do. I love Bailey and will protect her with everything I have."

  "Thank you," Bullet said and I nodded standing up and leaving the office with a sigh only to run into Knockout.

  "Agent T called and he wants us at his office," he said and I nodded heading towards my bike shoving the conversation I just had with Bullet to the back of my mind so I could focus on whatever information Agent T is about to give us.